All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What are you having for dessert
      #59214 - 04/08/04 12:36 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

on Easter. I have to make two desserts and right now I hate cooking and baking, well more the clean up . If my sister hadn't moved a few years back it would her turn to have everyone over. I just don't have the energy to cook and clean the house.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What are you having for dessert new
      #59221 - 04/08/04 12:48 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Well...if you don't want to eat the dessert I would go out and buy one or two...such as cake, cookies, pies!! Do something simple. Ya know...you could make something like Krees oatmeal cookies..that way you could have some. And then get something everyone else would like as well. I know that everyone would love the cookies!!

When I cook..or bake, I use the ingredient and then put it back when I'm done with it. That way by the time your puting your food in the oven everythig is put away. All you have to do then is clean the bowel, measuring spoons and cups! It works great for me!!

Anyhow...there's a few ideas for ya!

I'm taking a relish try to my moms and then to my hubbys I'm going to take Heathers lemon bread and some other type of sticky buns (not IBS friendly)!

Well have a great Easter!

--------------------

#59229 - 04/08/04 01:06 PM
torbetta

It's the dishes I hate doing. You know how it is with four people and especially by the time dinner is done. Cookies sound good but still take a little more effort than a dump into a pan thing. I should have bought a angle food cake and strawberries but I already went shopping.

#59284 - 04/08/04 02:26 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

That's so funny that you mentioned angel food cake with strawberries... that's EXACTLY what I was going to recommend. My mom picked some up earlier this week and it's really been hitting the spot.

Hmm, what could you do without dirtying many dishes. I can't think of much! Come on, it's Easter, it only comes once a year! Why not whip up some of Heather's peppermint fudge cake or her carrot cake? Yes, they use up dishes, but they're easy!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#59289 - 04/08/04 02:40 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

How about Heather's Double Decker Sweet Potato Pecan Pie

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#59391 - 04/08/04 06:29 PM
Kree

Quote:

How about Heather's Double Decker Sweet Potato Pecan Pie

Good thought! Ohhhh... I wish my aunt wasn't bringing the dessert on Sunday, I'd make that one.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#60197 - 04/12/04 06:13 AM
torbetta

I thought I would let you know I cheated and sent Tory our Sat. for strawberries, cool whip and angle food cake. The funny thing is my family was so excited to have that. My mom ended up making brownies and had an apple pie so no one was lacking. The kids had tons of candy thanks to my brother and his wife. They had a little Easter egg hunt in the yard. I ended up making the vegan fudge since it is so fast and easy. There was quite a bit left over so I brought that to my in laws and they also had more than enough for dessert. I was also so bad I brought store bought french bread and pretzels. I pretty much couldn't eat anything they had other than the turkey. My mil mentioned sandwiches but she had nothing to put on it. I wish I had known, I would have brought the fixins for a nice sandwich instead of dry turkey on french bread with pretzels. Then I had lots of jelly beans, fundge oh and did I mention my sil brought dark sponge candy? So I just piled up on the sweets. Darn

#60200 - 04/12/04 06:15 AM
Kree

Sounds good to me, Heidi! Easter only comes once a year!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 535 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3063

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review