All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: bread new
      #60377 - 04/12/04 11:13 AM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

have you ever looked for sourdough, french or flatbread? these are all usually dairy free and mmm mmm good! kudos to flatbread- my fav!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Homemade Italian Bread new
      #347662 - 06/29/09 04:05 PM
eightisenough

Reged: 06/29/09

Hi, I just found this recipe while looking for an IBS-safe white bread recipe. I followed it exactly, and want to say it is perfect "as is"! I never thought I could bake such a beautiful Italian loaf as I took out of the oven (or, two loaves, a nice bonus for the work). My son said it was the "best bread he ever had"--crusty outside and soft and white inside. It was not difficult (I am a bit experienced with bread baking, though) and not a really messy recipe to clean up.
Thanks, Kree!

--------------------
Sandy, IBS-C

Re: Homemade Italian Bread--Quicker new
      #347664 - 06/29/09 04:13 PM
eightisenough

Reged: 06/29/09

You can hasten your bread rising, by proofing in a microwave oven. Put your kneaded dough into a greased, large glass bowl, turning once to coat with the oil. Cover the bowl with a hot damp towel, then cover that with a dry towel. Microwave on Hi for 25 seconds. Turn dough over, recover, and let sit for two minutes. Microwave for another 25 seconds, then turn dough over and recover with cloths; let sit for 15 minutes. After that time, "nuke" for 25 more seconds. Keep in a warm place to double the dough, which will take just about half the time total as raising the dough the conventional way.

--------------------
Sandy, IBS-C

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 166 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10760

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review