All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Cake Mixes - Betty Crocker
      #57135 - 04/02/04 07:48 AM
bearyd

Reged: 12/02/03
Loc: fl

Ok...so I was looking at the ingredients on the Betty Crocker cake mixes and some of them look safe. The yellow cake mix, vanilla cake mix, and lemon cake mix didn't seem like they had anything bad in them. Are these safe?

Also..I inspected the frostings. Seems the Rich and Creamy line is made with real butter (YACK!) but the Whipped line is really only made of sugar and flavorings. Would these be safe or does anyone have any experience with these?

I am only asking because Easter is coming up. I have mom and grandmother's birthdays and Easter in between. If I host the parties then I have control over the ingredients...so I know they are safe. Rather than dealing with offended relatives who don't understand why I cannot eat their food. So I wanted to make their cakes and make some sugar cookies for Easter.

Opinions are welcome...by all means if these are a big fat NO NO then tell me.

--------------------
Carrie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Cake Mixes - Betty Crocker new
      #57143 - 04/02/04 08:08 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

I don't buy those mixes sheerly for the fact that they have PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED OILS in them. Those are the "rancid" oils that are terrible for your body. Not so much from an IBS standpoint, but just health overall. I have been spending a little bit more to buy organic brands. Not preservatives or unnatural stuff. Just an FYI...

Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

Re: Cake Mixes - Betty Crocker new
      #59737 - 04/09/04 03:06 PM
skw

Reged: 10/13/03
Loc: New Mexico

Hi,
I really love this website: http://www.veganchef.com/

She has a Vanilla White Cake, Vanilla "Buttercream" Frosting and Fluffy Lemon Frosting posted in the Dessert section. Am making this cake myself for our Easter.

Good luck...and Happy Easter!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 111 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1536

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review