All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Rice Breakfast
      #5665 - 04/10/03 10:57 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

I made a recipe from Heather's book using leftover rice, soy milk, cinnamon and a banana for breakfast this morning, and WOW, it was really good! I love breakfast and was a little unsure of how the rice would be, but I really enjoyed it. Thanks Heather!

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Rice Breakfast new
      #5678 - 04/10/03 12:57 PM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Which book is it in? I only have the First Year, but I don't think I've seen it.
Sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#5680 - 04/10/03 02:10 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

I love having rice for breakfast! So far, i found that hot,cinnamon sugar rice and corn flakes with lactaid are two guarenteed safe things for me to eat i the morning.I want to try grits, but im sortof afraid to. Maybe one day, I'll get the guts. ::sigh:: Im such a chicken, im too scared to try something new, im too scared to tell a guy that i like him.....

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: Rice Breakfast Angela new
      #5684 - 04/10/03 02:27 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Angela,

Any guy who doesn't like you back IS STUPID!!! You've got a GREAT head on your shoulders, you're intelligent, funny, and pretty to boot! You should def. go for it IMO! And, if he doesn't like you--it's his loss! (He'd better be some guy if you like him in the first place--and I'm sure if you like him he's smart enough to like you back)

When you're ready, you'll try the grits (and when you're ready you'll tell the guy). It doesn't make you chicken--it makes you cautious--just another wonderful quality that makes you you.

Something to think about: You never know when the chance will pass you by. So don't be cautious to long if you can help it or someone else might snatch your guy (in which case, though, I suppose it wasn't meant to be)

Good luck, and let us know how things work out--with both!

-<3-
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Rice Breakfast Ruchie new
      #5690 - 04/10/03 03:13 PM
ConcreteAngel

Awwww Ruchie (((((HUGS)))) You are so so so so so so wonderful! You made me smile, lifted my spirits and filled me with courage all at the same time I am a big beleiver in faith, and do know that if another girl snatched him, it wouldnt be met to be I am a big chicken when it comes to that though, really. Ive liked this guy for three years, and i still cant tell him hehehe. (maybe next year...) yeah right, thats what i always tell myself. As for the grits, im thinking of giving them a try soon. Oatmeal doesnt agree with me at all, but hey oats and grits are two completely different things, right? Anyway, I'll definitly update you if/when i get enough courage for both the things Thank you SO much for all those wonderful compliments. I cant tell you enough how much they made me happy Thank You Again, I find a great friend in you.

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: Rice Breakfast Angela new
      #5715 - 04/10/03 08:25 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Angela,

I meant every word!

I liked a guy in high school for three years--I told him right before we graduated. While we were in college we went on a couple of summer dates--and then about a year and a half ago we decided to give it a real shot. We found out we weren't right for each other--and once tht chapter of my life closed (literally the next day) I began dating my now husband! So I definately believe in everything happening for a reason!!! Things always work out the way they're supposed to...and in MOP, for the best! (I even believe there are up-sides to my having IBS....I'm learning how to take care of myself, which I believe will help me a better wife, and G-d willing mother some day)!

Hope you don't mind the story and stuff I find a great friend in you as well! *hugs*

Take care, and kit!

-<3-
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#5723 - 04/11/03 12:33 AM
juniorrachel

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

i like grits, but the ones they make at a restaurant/cafe are way better than the instant grits i make at home.

i think you should try Cream of Rice. it's safe cuz it's rice and i really like it. it's pretty similar to grits, too. but i like it better than instant grits.

maybe that could be a stepping-stone from oatmeal to grits for you ;-)

take care

beth

#5728 - 04/11/03 05:06 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

It is in the Eating for IBS

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#5835 - 04/11/03 06:59 PM
wileyswomn

Reged: 04/11/03

Could you please post the rice recipe. Thanks.

Re: Rice Breakfast-Beth new
      #5906 - 04/12/03 04:47 PM
ConcreteAngel

I'm more than willing to try Cream of rice, but its 4$ for a box around here. The "old fashioned" grits are only a buck for a whole cylinder. Are you ibs-c or d? I'm D, and afraid the grits may go "right thru me" EEK
If you know what I mean.....
Can you tolerate oatmeal by the way?

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 79 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5422

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review