All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
buying bread
      #5597 - 04/09/03 06:41 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

I need a recommendation for a sandwich bread that is all or mostly white flour (I can handle a little bit of whole wheat flour), dairy-free, and free from partially hydrogenated oil and high-fructose corn syrup. I'm the label-reading queen, but I've had no luck whatsoever. I'm tired of compromising on any of the above points just so I can have sandwiches. And I can't get to the store every two days to buy fresh French bread, nor am I in a position to make my own. Can anyone recommend their favorite brand of bread?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: buying bread new
      #5609 - 04/09/03 10:14 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I can't recommend any, since I haven't found a tried and true IBS safe brand yet... But being in the same position as Tess (on all accounts), could really use the input of some bread connoisseurs (the store bought kind that is....I know that someday, when I do get a breadmaker, I can ask the bread goddess Sharon for any recipe I could ever dream up!!! ).

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

#5624 - 04/10/03 04:59 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Can you buy pita bread or can you use tortillas as a wrap? What about rolls from the bakery? I can get a Italian bread in the store made by Ontario bakery and it doesn't have anything bad in it.

#5634 - 04/10/03 06:41 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I know that this doesn't help now, but when you graduate, ask for a breadmaker as a Grad present/getting the job you wanted present/birthday present/girlfriend of the year present/ ...... That way you can control what you put into it yourself. And it tastes better.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#5637 - 04/10/03 07:40 AM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

Schwebel's Lite White is my favorite for sandwiches - 2 slices = 5g of fiber and 70 calories. Unfortunately, it has high fructose corn syrup . No dairy or partially hydrogenated oil, but serveral other things I can't pronounce (probably preseratives). Someday I will get a breadmaker...

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 295 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2209

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review