All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help for zuccini!
      #51124 - 03/16/04 09:55 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I bought a uper-sized zuccinin cause it was on sale at the store. I wanna surprise DH with something zuccini-yummy for dinner. Any ideas? Thanks!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help for zuccini! new
      #51152 - 03/16/04 10:44 AM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Ruchie:

Before I gave up milk products, I had a great recipe for zucchini using dried grated Romano cheese. Perhaps you could substitute the Romano cheese for some Soy Cheese. I don't know if this recipe is IBS safe, but I will leave it to your discretion.

All you do is cut the zucchini length-wise in four or five-inch long pieces. Put the green part (skin side) of the zucchini on a greased pan. Then on the flat white side of the zucchini add grated soy cheese. Sprinkle sparingly over the cheese: salt, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano or basil and then bake in the oven at 350 or 375 degrees for about 40 minutes or until the cheese has melted and browned on top.

Bon Appetite!

Belinda

Re: Help for zuccini! new
      #51160 - 03/16/04 10:59 AM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

We love zucchini in our house and I love when I can get a oversized one for the price. You can do the a indoor grilling type with it. I take the zucchini cut into wedges about a inch thick and take some aluminum foil and place cut zucchini inside and a little water for moisture, season with seasoning salt or what you like for taste seal it up and if you have a grill for like pancakes or justa plain old frying pan heat it up and put the foiled wrapped zucchini to simmer.steam for about 15 minutes on med heat or until your desired tenderness. Grill up some chicken tenders , you can get them already cut fresh. Rice pilaf and some delicious french or sourdough bread lightly seasoned, baked or toasted. Totally prep time about 45 minutes for all the cooking. Yum!
For a drink try a blended up strawberry daiquiri virgin style.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 144 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 992

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review