All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Product Question for Heather or Kree
      #47819 - 03/03/04 07:52 PM

Unregistered

Hi! Hope all is well with both of you. I was wanting to make Heather's Black Bean Dip from her cookbook. Unfortunately, in my small town soy cream cheese is not available. But I did find something called SoyaKaas. It said it can be used to replace dairy cream cheese. They only had "garlic and herb" flavored. My questions are: Have you ever used this brand or heard of it? Also, if I do use their herb and garlic flavor, would I use any less of the seasonings called for in the recipe?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Cream cheese subs new
      #47822 - 03/03/04 08:38 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hi Aunie! When you first mentioned Soya Kaas I was slightly confused, because I've never seen their cream cheese and I thought you meant their regular soy cheese! But I checked on their web site and you're right, they do make soy cream cheese. As for using it in Heather's dip, I'd say you'd definitely want to reduce the garlic in the recipe! Personally I might blend it together without any, then test it before nuking it and add more if it seems to need it. I'd check the label and see what other herbs are in the cheese and reduce those in the recipe also.

Another option is to make your own "cream cheese" using drained soy yogurt. Can you get that in your area? Heather has some info about draining it and using it in place of cream cheese here. Then you wouldn't have to worry about changing the spices. I'm sure it would work either way, though. Enjoy, and tell us how it goes!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Kree, thanks a bunch! I will let you know how it goes -nt- new
      #47887 - 03/04/04 09:40 AM

Unregistered

Kree: Cream cheese subs new
      #47989 - 03/04/04 12:57 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

Kree, it's so funny! I saw your Subject line, "Cream cheese subs" and had to laugh! That's what we call hoagies or submarine sandwiches here (I think they're called other things, elsewhere). Anyway, I thought to myself when I saw your subject line "That's odd, Kree knows better than to post a recipe for something soooo IBS unfriendly as Cream Cheese Subs!" Then I read the whole post and realized you were saying "subs" for "substitutes." Naturally! You've used that word a million times (so have I), but just for that moment I really thought you'd lost your mind and were trying to kill us all!

--------------------

Gee, that sounds yummy! Lol. new
      #48012 - 03/04/04 02:58 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

ROFL! Jen, that's hilarious! I'm just trying to imagine a cream cheese sub, as in submarine sandwich, and it's just not happening. You must have thought I'd lost it!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 479 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2833

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review