All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help!! Need alot of recipes. Im new to this.
      #464 - 02/06/03 09:53 AM
chelle5angels

Reged: 02/06/03

Hello everyone. I have had IBS for quite awhile now. But I am just now learning on what I shouldn't eat. I dont know of hardly anything that I really can eat. I find myself scared to even try to eat something. Please help. Im a mother of 5 kids and desperately seeking for recipes for my family. Thanks in advance. Chelle

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help!! Need alot of recipes. Im new to this. new
      #467 - 02/06/03 11:11 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I would encourage you to read the section "A new way to eat" on this website. It explains the trigger foods, and how to safely eat. I understand your fear. When I was first diagnosed, I always asked myself "What is this going to do to me" everytime I tried to eat something. Arm yourself with lots of information. Read all the information on this website, and the one for the first year IBS which will give yourself some starting points. Dinnertime doesn't have to be complicated. Make sure you have a simple starch ie. baked potatoes, rice, white bread, etc. Add a safe protein (ie. chicken breasts, any seafood you like) - make sure you prepare it with low fat and without trigger foods. Add some cooked vegetables - (cook them very well). I like the frozen mixed kind - dump it in and boil it. Easy. Try some of the fabulous recipes on this website. Crockpots are lifesavers - everything is well cooked and easy to prepare. Take care. PS I love turkey/chickens - you can even buy the cooked deli whole chickens for family night. Serve it with lots of mashed potatoes (no milk), gravy (low fat) and cooked veggies. Others can eat the dark meat - you stick to the white. If you make stuffing with white bread, that's safe too!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#482 - 02/06/03 05:23 PM
chelle5angels

Reged: 02/06/03

Thank you for your response. I will look into and keep reading in this forum. So far it the only thing out there that can help me. I honestly didnt think anybody out there understood it and I really didnt think there was that many people that had it. I thought I was completely alone. I just got some more information , so I am going to try that also, and will post as often as I can. Thanks again. God Bless, Chelle

#588 - 02/08/03 02:55 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Chelle - get Heather's Cooking for IBS. It has great recipes in it and they're all IBS safe--hopefully for all of us that have it! The desserts are good--especially the chocolate mint cake (I leave out the mint extract--I like it better that way). It's well worth the money.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 233 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2942

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review