All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anti spasmodics
      #446 - 02/05/03 07:43 PM
ajc

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: australia

I have been taking the anti spasmodic Colofac as prescribed by my gastro, and was wondering if anyone else had taken it and if anyone knew if there are any adverse affects of taking anti spasmodics over a long period of time? They have (along with modifying my diet as per Heather's book) been a godsend - it is so nice to be able to go out for dinner / party and not feel sick after eating!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anti spasmodics new
      #489 - 02/06/03 11:14 PM
emmab

Reged: 01/25/03

Hello!

I'm glad you've had success with colofac, I tried it and it seemed to make me much worse. While I get IBS C and C, I'm more C than D, which are you? It might explain my reaction to it....sorry don't know the long term effects.

Best wishes,
Emma

Re: Anti spasmodics new
      #492 - 02/07/03 03:50 AM
shannon114

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Ireland

Hi,i take colofac,i'v been on it for two months,i am ibs (c)
It made a great difference to my spasms,i also had bladder spasms.All that i can say is that at first i had headaches and at times dry nose and mouth,i think this is a side effect to mebeverine that is in colofac,the headaches have stopped.I don't know about the long term effects to this
i myself feel that i would not like to have to take antispasmodics long term,actually since starting soluable food i only take one here and there because my (c) is very normal now and that is where most of my pain came from.
Ask medical advice if you are worried,sorry i can't be more helpful,good luck with this.
Tina.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 275 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3064

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review