All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Scrod - type of fish and other comments
      #44098 - 02/10/04 12:15 PM
ag5t

Reged: 03/11/03
Loc: Houston, Texas

Our family has been trying a type of fish called Scrod - if any of you ever order from Schwann's, you might have tried it or seen it. It seem ok to me and it tastes fine. Has anyone else tried this kind of fish? I know it's frozen and not fresh, but it's been ok. I've also had good luck with some of the frozen vegetables - just make sure you cook them long enough so they are soft. -- Also have found an olive oil butter substitute that's pretty good - I can't remember the brand but the plastic bowl has a green lid. I haven't seen too many other things with olive oil.

--------------------
Amateur radio IS a contact sport!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Scrod - type of fish and other comments new
      #44111 - 02/10/04 12:29 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I used to eat the Scrod from Shwans too until I found out it has dairy in it...... it was really good.... but I don't eat it anymore. That is great if you can tolerate it!

Quote:

Ingredients

COD, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, ENRICHED BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR (FLOUR, NIACIN, FERROUS SULFATE, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID) SALT, AGED CHEDDAR AND BLUE CHEESE (MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), SUGAR, YEAST, DEXTROSE, SOYBEAN OIL, ONION POWDER, YELLOW CORN FLOUR, NONFAT MILK, CARAMEL COLOR, NONFAT DRY MILK, SPICES, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CALCIUM PROPIONATE (PRESERVATIVE), EXTRACTIVES OF PAPRIKA AND ANNATTO (FOR COLOR), DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, NATURAL FLAVORS, YELLOW #5, YELLOW #6, BETA CAROTENE (FOR COLOR), SODIUM TRIPOLYPHOSPHATE (TO RETAIN MOISTURE).

web page

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Scrod - type of fish and other comments new
      #44223 - 02/10/04 06:48 PM
joanmarie

Reged: 11/09/03
Loc: iowa

I do Schwans too! Their unbreaded chicken is the best I've had. Also their frozen mashed potatoes are great because they are nothing but potatoes so you can add your own rice milk. My daughter loves their frozen fruits which make good smoothies. I love Schwans!

I love Shwans! new
      #44277 - 02/11/04 08:45 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Yes, all of those are great! Try the cubed chicken breast pieces... they are frozen in a bag... nothing but chicken breast. Great to add to soup, rice, make soft tacos, I love them... you can flavor them the way YOU WANT!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 400 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1622

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review