All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
I think I finally got this one right! new
      #275365 - 07/23/06 06:32 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Yay! I had decided tonight would be my last attempt at mac & cheese before finally giving up. It's not as good as the real dairy thing, but it's pretty darn good.

I used Soy Station Cheddar and Better than Milk powdered soy milk. I think I may add more cheese next time.

Of course, the ultimate test will be how it tastes cold (I used to love cold leftover Kraft mac & cheese), but it's tasting pretty good hot, too.

I'm thinking the soy milk/cheese combination will also with the one of the other mac & cheese versions around the board.

YAY. I so missed mac & cheese.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Baked Macaroni and RICE Cheese new
      #276719 - 08/02/06 08:23 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I also made this last night with both rice cheese and rice milk - YUMMY! Thanks so much, Kree! What a great comfort food. I have been missing mac 'n' cheese for YEARS. Even hubby liked it!

Lisa, IBS-C

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: Baked Macaroni and Soy Cheese new
      #277361 - 08/06/06 09:13 AM
GaiasSong

Reged: 07/12/06
Loc: SC (IBS-D/P) - STABLE! Spring 2007

I like the suggestions about adding veggies for IF... makes this a terrific one-dish meal (LOL, I'm always happy when I have fewer dishes to wash). Can't wait to try it!

--------------------
Check multiple sources and make the best-informed decision possible!

Re: Baked Macaroni and Soy Cheese-Question new
      #288348 - 10/29/06 12:08 PM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Hi, Would this mac/cheese recipe not have too much fat in it? 2 cups of cheese? Just wondering? I could use the soy or rice cheese is that a good option? Thanks

#288361 - 10/29/06 03:17 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I did not have a problem with it...and I'm guessing from the length of this thread, not many others did either.

I find soy cheese melts better than rice cheese, especially the Lisanetti brand. It melts AND tastes like dairy cheese.

#288721 - 11/01/06 04:32 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I just made this Sunday night! I finally found bricks of Galaxy Foods Vegan cheddar at Whole Foods and it worked great. I also added frozen green peas and a can of tuna for some IF and protein. Although I doubt you'll want to add the tuna.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: Baked Macaroni and Soy Cheese-Question about fat new
      #288772 - 11/02/06 08:29 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

It probably depends on what cheese substitute you use. I can't find nutritional info on the Veggie Shreds Kree says she uses, but the Galaxy Foods website does say they are low fat.

To get fat content you'd need to figure out what cheese you want to use then do the math to see how it works out.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#307804 - 05/22/07 03:27 PM
EmilyM

Reged: 05/13/07
Loc: Chicago, IL

I made this last night and it was soooooo good! Totally satsfied my stressed-out-from-finals-need-comfort-food craving! Actually I think I liked it better than any regular mac and cheese recipes I've made. I think it would be easier to mix the cheese, milk, etc. together first, because the cheese kind of melted in chunks as I tried to stir it into the macaroni. It was still great though! I'd never had soy cheese before and I was afraid - when I opened the package it even smelled and felt a little weird, but I went with it, and it was fantastic!! Couldn't tell a difference (FYI, I used cheddar Soy Sation)

#360829 - 09/08/10 07:28 AM
gizmo

Reged: 07/28/10

I want to try this recipe because I'm so hungry for mac and cheese. However, the soy cheddar veggie shreds make me horribly sick. Would this work with the mozzarella veggie shreds? Has anyone tried it that way?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 96 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 49044

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review