All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pan Fried Eggplant Parmesan
      #365244 - 06/24/11 06:19 AM
gizmo

Reged: 07/28/10

I found this recipe for pan fried eggplant Parmesan and I was wondering how much olive oil would be safe. The recipe calls for 2 tablespoons but that seems like too much. I was thinking of using some olive oil cooking spray along with some regular olive oil. I wanted someone's advice on this. I know there are baked eggplant Parmesan recipes out there but this time of year when it's so hot I don't like to use the oven much if I don't have to because otherwise my air runs continually. Any suggestions would be great. Here's the recipe...

Easy Fried Eggplant

Rated: rating
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Ready In: 35 Minutes
Submitted By: WALLEN Cook Time: 15 Minutes Servings: 4

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced
3 eggs, beaten
2 cups dry bread crumbs

Directions:
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in crumbs, and place in hot oil. Fry 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2011 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 6/24/2011

Thanks!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pan Fried Eggplant Parmesan new
      #365271 - 06/26/11 07:09 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Here's a recipe that looks similar to the one you posted and just fries the eggplant in a frying pan sprayed with Pam:

Lo-Fat Fried Eggplant

I haven't tried it but it might be worth a try.

My rule of thumb is 1 teaspoon of added oil per servings. There's nothing magical about that, it's just a handy way for me to make sure I don't add too much oil. You could Pam the frying pan then add maybe a Tablespoon of olive oil and try frying in that.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#365277 - 06/27/11 08:39 AM
gizmo

This is a good idea. I was thinking about spraying the pan with the olive oil cooking spray and then maybe adding 1 tsp or so of olive oil for frying and see how it works. I'm actually making this for dinner tonight. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks!

#365294 - 06/28/11 05:01 AM
gizmo

I tried the eggplant parmesan and it cooked up well but I didn't care for the eggplant. It's the first time I've ever made it at home. I had it for the first time while I was out last week and it was really good. I didn't care much for it when I made it at home. The cooking method worked well. I used cooking spray.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 670 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6540

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review