All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Oils
      #365081 - 06/09/11 03:32 PM
KareBear

Reged: 05/30/11
Loc: Arizona

I'm new and am wondering if at absolute worse we need to fry something in a small amount of oil, which is the best type of oil to use. The reason I ask is that we like to make cinnamon crisps at home for a fun treat. We just take flour tortillas, fry them and when still warm cover them in cinnamon & suger. I see in the book how I can use fat free tortillas and am hoping to not have to lose this treat because of the oil. Any thoughts or suggestions. I just finished reading the book yesterday and am still trying to piece everything together.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Oils new
      #365087 - 06/10/11 04:41 AM
gizmo

Reged: 07/28/10

You can use small amounts of canola oil or olive oil if you do need to fry something.

Re: Oils new
      #365088 - 06/10/11 04:48 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Check this web page

It says "Though it makes no difference to your gastrocolic reflex if you're eating lard or extra-virgin olive oil, it will make quite a difference to your heart and your health in general. Your body needs healthy fats in order to function. Keep your fat intake to 20% - 25% of your total calories, and make your fats count. They should be monounsaturated and contain essential fatty acids, so choose fat sources such as olive oil, canola oil, avocados, finely ground nuts, fatty fish, flax oil, etc."

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 540 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4714

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review