All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pizza Dough
      #363815 - 03/02/11 07:46 AM
gizmo

Reged: 07/28/10

Does anyone know of a store bought pizza dough that is IBS safe? I don't feel like making homemade pizza dough but I'm hungry for pizza. I'm hoping there is store bought one out there that is OK. Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pizza Dough new
      #365188 - 06/19/11 02:45 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Try the Pillsbury pizza dough in the roll can. I haven't looked at the ingredients in a while but it used to dairy-free and low-fat. In my stores it's usually near the crescent rolls and (sigh) cookie dough. Here's an old thread where I listed the ingredients and calorie counts. You should double-check in case the ingredients have changed:

Pizza

This crust works great for the BBQ pizza and the mushroom pizza in Heather's book.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#365198 - 06/21/11 07:16 AM
gizmo

Thanks for your response to this. I did end up trying it but the crust didn't cook up well for me it was browned on top but doughy underneath and inside. It was weird. I like the ideas that were in the link you attached with making calzones or some kind of roll up. Thanks again for the link because I'm going to give that a try sometime also.

#365209 - 06/22/11 09:18 AM
Britt44

Reged: 05/27/09
Loc: Iowa

I don't much care for store bought crusts anymore after having a taste of Heather's. However, when I don't feel like taking the time to make homemade, I split english muffins or a loaf of french bread in half and top the cut side. It's not quite pizza dough, but it always does the trick for me. HTH

#365214 - 06/22/11 10:36 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

When I use the Pillsbury dough, I Pam or lightly oil a 15X10 inch cookie sheet and spread the dough out on that. It pretty much covers the sheet. Then I bake with no topping in a 400 degree oven for 8 minutes. I then top it (with Heather's BBQ sauce, chicken, scallion or with Heather's mushroom, rosemary) and bake for another 8 minutes at 400 degree. I think the pre-baking helps keep the crust from staying/getting soggy so if you haven't tried that maybe it will help.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#365243 - 06/24/11 05:43 AM
gizmo

Thank you both for the suggestions. I'm going to give the pizza dough a try again. The other problem might have been I made the pizza's up ahead of time because I was going to be gone all day and I just wanted to come home and pop them in the oven so they probably sat too long in the fridge and it was just a bad idea. I'm going to give it another go.

The other thing I've done before is made stromboli's with Rhodes Rolls. Here's the link for them http://www.rhodesbread.com/products/view/800

The only problem is that it has HFCS in them. I didn't have any problems with it but I try not to eat it all the time.

Thanks again for all the suggestions I'm going to give them a try.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 224 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8672

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review