All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
milk
      #358658 - 05/15/10 01:07 PM
teacher1

Reged: 05/15/10

Hello,
My doctor told me that I have combo of IBS and a little lactose intolerant, i am wondering what kind of milk I can drink, if any that wont hurt my stomach. I know about soy milk but I heard that soy can cause cancer- perhaps I am a little paranoid but I was just wondering if there was any others out there that I can try.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: milk new
      #358659 - 05/15/10 01:29 PM
Bel920

Reged: 03/22/10
Loc: Nevada

You can try almond or rice milk. I've only tried almond of the two, but I really like it. I buy the vanilla one and use it in my cereal, smoothies and baking.

--------------------
Belinda
IBS-A since 1986 (age 8)
Recently realized I could do
something about it!

#358662 - 05/15/10 04:18 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I find almond and soy very chalky tasting. I tried vanilla rice and it was too sweet. I finally tried plain rice milk and it was the closest tasting to skim milk that I could find. I really like it on my cereal and in my pancakes.

#358741 - 05/18/10 06:38 PM
Jenny B

Reged: 03/27/07
Loc: Montana

I used to drink Silk Soy Milk, but within the last month I noticed I was feeling bloated with an upset stomach a lot of the time. So I stopped drinking soy, and actually trying to avoid soy products altogether.

Thus, Silk now makes Almond Milk and it is delicious! They make a plain/original and a vanilla one. Both are really great and I haven't had any problems with it. Good luck!

#358829 - 05/21/10 02:31 AM
KimEatandBe

Reged: 03/03/10

There are so many alternatives. I LOVE almond milk (the Almond Breeze brand is nice), as well as oat milk and rice milk. hopefully you will enjoy!
I typically buy the original almond milk as a replacement for classic dairy milk and the vanilla sweetened almond milk for sweet stuff or as an oatmeal/cereal topper. hope you like it!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 88 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5611

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review