All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What to do with 1 cup leftover tofu? Ideas?
      #353678 - 12/31/09 08:54 PM
Cathrine

Reged: 06/04/09
Loc: Dallas, TX

I have 1 cup left over Mori Nu Lite Silken Firm Tofu...any ideas on what to do with it? I'm thinking some sort of shake or dip, but I don't have any recipes, I'm new to tofu and I'm not too good at faking it! =)

Thanks for any help!

--------------------
Keeping this all in perspective... "These little troubles are getting us ready for an eternal glory that will make all our troubles seem like nothing." 2 Corinthians 4:17 (CEV)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What to do with 1 cup leftover tofu? Ideas? new
      #353704 - 01/01/10 12:02 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Silken tofu, melted good quality chocolate and a little sweetener like sugar or maple syrup, make a great mousse. No one dislikes it. Just google tofu chocolate mousse and pick one. It can be flavored too.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#353750 - 01/02/10 10:37 AM
linisue54

Reged: 08/30/08

Hey, that sounds great, but I thought we should stay away from chocolate? I thought we were supposed to use powdered cocoa????

#353759 - 01/02/10 11:10 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I have made the chocolate moose with tofu and cocoa powder. It was delicious! I think that I got the receipe here on the boards.

--------------------
Janey

#353802 - 01/02/10 03:36 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Have you ever tried it in spaghetti sauce. I cube it up and make a sauce for my pasta. It is rather bland so it absorbs whatever flavor it is cooked with. If tomato products do not bother you, you could try that. I usually use a whole block, but you could try it with a cup. It is almost like a meat replacement.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 59 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5815

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review