All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Synthroid for hypothroidism
      #352916 - 12/01/09 09:28 PM
Godandme

Reged: 02/15/09
Loc: Orange County, California

Does anyone have experience with this drug and the possible affects it will have on my IBS-D? I've been put on a low dose but I'm worried that I'll have problems.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Synthroid for hypothroidism new
      #353013 - 12/04/09 07:34 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I've taken Synthroid for years and haven't had any problems. You just need to be checked regularly to be sure you aren't being over-corrected (getting too much Synthroid). My endocrinologist did blood work every three months until she was sure we had my dosage right.

Synthroid can make a huge difference in energy levels and just generally in being interested in life. When my thyroid was under-performing I felt very blue and nothing interested me. Once my Synthroid dose was right, the difference was amazing. Hang in there. It may take a while to get the dosage right but it's worth it.

Also be sure to talk to your endocrinologist about eating soy and soy products. My endo is fine with soy in moderation - she eats soy ice cream herself - but some endos recommend no soy at all for people with thyroid problems.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 663 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2720

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review