All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Recipes I tried today
      #352479 - 11/19/09 05:21 PM
bamalakegirl30

Reged: 10/23/09
Loc: Alabama

I tried two new things today by restructuring recipes. I made a quiche (egg beaters, soy cheese grated and turkey bacon) and also a pumpkin pie milkshake (soy milk) They were both really IBS friendly and the taste would more than suffice. It may take a little longer but you definitely do not have to give up everything that is good.

--------------------
When all else fails.....have tea.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Recipes I tried today new
      #352490 - 11/20/09 05:51 AM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

I would LOVE to have your modified quiche recipe, as well as how you made the pumpkin shake.

I miss being able to eat quiche from our local bakery that is made with dairy cream. Also, pumpkin pie recipes are loaded with dairy and Thanksgiving just doesn't seem like Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie, or something pumpkin. A pumpkin shake would be just fine with me. I live alone in a rural area, and will not be eating Thanksgiving dinner with anyone but myself.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

#352491 - 11/20/09 05:56 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

try the pumpkin cookies there very good and you they make alot so you can freeze them and them later on in the week. Hope this helps.
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#352494 - 11/20/09 08:16 AM
Windchimes

That would be nice, but unfortunately I have not had a working oven in more than 8 years now. No money to replace it on my fixed and limited senior income. I truly miss baking things, and have to resort to what I can prepare in my toaster oven (baked potatoes, etc.).

Perhaps some day I might find a way to get a new oven, which also requires remodeling of a cabinet and some electrical repair. My stove cooktop is separate from the built in oven that got 'fried' long ago.

May your holidays be blessed and your heart be warmed!

--------------------

#352520 - 11/20/09 11:58 AM
bamalakegirl30

Reged: 10/23/09
Loc: Alabama

You might could make the cookies in your toaster oven if it is like mine. I have a convection setting that I use for chicken and fish, I bet you could use it to bake a few cookies at a time. You could freeze the cookies in small portions in the freezer and bring them out when you get ready. Now as for my recipes:

Bacon Mushroom Quiche

1 9' pie crust (the ingredients do not bother me but if they bother you, you can make this crustless)

8 slices turkey bacon cooked in a skillet and diced/crumbled

1/2 C chopped green onion or just onions

8 oz sliced mushrooms

1 zucchini diced or shredded (about a cup)

2 garlic cloves pressed

1 C soy cheese shredded. (my cheese was an 8 oz block but I
only needed about 1/2 of it shredded)

3(three) 1/4C servings of egg beaters

1 C rice milk or soy milk (plain flavor)

1 tsp parsley

1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper

1/8 tsp nutmeg

Preheat oven to 375° F. Place pie crust in 9" pie plate according to package directions; set aside.

Cook bacon over medium heat. Remove bacon; drain and crumble. Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings and sauté onions, mushrooms, zucchini, and garlic until tender. Add bacon to vegetables and combine.

Spread vegetable mixture over bottom of pie crust. Sprinkle cheese over vegetable mixture. Whisk eggs, milk, and seasonings together in bowl. Pour egg mixture over cheese. Bake 35-40 minutes.

Yield: 6 servings

Pumpkin Pie Shake:

15 oz can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
6 oz firm silken tofu
1 ripe medium sized banana
3-4 cups of vanilla soymilk
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger (ground)
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 pumpkin pie spice instant pudding (this does not bother me)
pinch of salt
pinch of nutmeg

If you want, you can also throw in a few ice cubes.

Put it all in a blender until smooth. It's a large batch so if you want, just half the recipe or store in a freezer container.

I have to have easy things to prepare and these were great. It's just me and my hubby.

--------------------
When all else fails.....have tea.

Thank you! new
      #352538 - 11/20/09 01:41 PM
Windchimes

YUMMY!!! Thank you for taking the time to post your recipes. These should be great! I'm going to see if I can find someone who will allow me to use their oven to make the quiche. The shake I can make in my blender.

These recipes look GREAT! Perhaps I can re-gain some of the weight I have lost from not eating much of anything.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 410 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6298

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review