All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
For Little Minnie... Cheese!
      #351708 - 11/06/09 10:14 AM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Given you (like myself) miss dairy cheese on the IBS diet, I wanted to share this GREAT book I found. It seems there is absolutely nothing that one cannot make with these recipes, and no dairy! Every recipe I have tried is so very tasty and one would not even know that it was not made with dairy products.

The title of this book is "The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook - Delicious Dairy-Free Cheeses and 'Uncheese' Dishes" by Jo Stepaniak. The ISBN number on my copy of this book is 978-1-57067-151-7. You can check Amazon.com for copies available, both new and used, and various printings. My copy is a 'like new' one that I purchased for far less than suggested retail in the new and used option at Amazon. You can also read the description at Amazon.com and perhaps even find a list of the recipes included.

I absolutely LOVE this book and it sure has helped my tummy survive in a healthy way and STILL give me my "cheese fix".

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: For Little Minnie... Cheese! new
      #351722 - 11/06/09 11:20 AM

Unregistered

looks like that book is on sale brand new less than $13..I wanted to ask if there was any books u know of that would be really good for making my own, soy products from scratch like soy cheese,soy yougurts',soy cream cheese all that kind of stuff because I've searched in this towns 3 grocery stores and there is nothing like that,only rice and soy milk,and vanilla so delicous dairy free soy ice cream.

#351728 - 11/06/09 11:53 AM
Windchimes

This book will answer all of your questions, and the recipes are not at all difficult. I myself was VERY surprised. I hope others will order a copy and take a look for themselves. AMAZING!

--------------------

#351736 - 11/06/09 12:49 PM

Unregistered

ok so there are recipes to make anything soy I may need for recipes such as like chese or butter ?

#351741 - 11/06/09 01:46 PM
Windchimes

You will find all of this in the book! Easily. Give it a try and see what appeals to you personally.

--------------------

#351747 - 11/06/09 04:48 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Thanks for the info. It sounds great.
Funny I was just telling my husband today that when we buy a farm I want to raise milk goats and sell cheese even though I personally couldn't eat it.
The cheese I now miss most is called manchego and it is a semihard sheep's milk cheese. It is delicious. Funny as a kid I was C from cheese but now I get quick D from cheese.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#351773 - 11/07/09 11:04 AM
Windchimes

Little Minnie,

You might want to see if your local library has this book, or can order it so that you can review it before you purchase.

I, like yourself, always believed cheese to be constipating, though now it causes me diarrhea so it seems.

I've never had goat cheese, though I do absolutely love brie cheese and feel deprived on that on simple crackers. There is a recipe in this book for non-dairy brie cheese... As soon as I can gather all of the needed ingredients, I'm going to give it a go. I don't see how one could go wrong!

Thank you for your encouragement and input on this board. I wish it were more active than it is, but thankful for those who do participate.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 392 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9067

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review