All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: I need help for my IBS badly please new
      #6584 - 04/20/03 05:19 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

I love cats. It's great you have one. Thanks for the website. I never heard of it. I'm not doing good that's for sure.
Take Care

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#6586 - 04/20/03 05:25 PM
till

I can't find tea here in bulk. I have to buy a box of peppermint tea for $2.49 for 20 bags. Yes I have IBS. I had tests. Horrible tests I'd like to forget about but can't ever. Dicetel is only for IBS. It helps a lot but not enough. It need to be stronger. I lot stronger.
God Bless

#6588 - 04/20/03 05:33 PM
till

I don't have another doctor to go to. Should I higher my Altoid intake? Is it abnormal to have severe IBS symtoms not under control after weeks of safe eating? I drink really strong fennel, ginger, peppermint tea everyday. I can't take Citrucel yet. Since it's taking forever to come. I eat only fat free or lowfat foods. I really don't know what to do. Each day is completely horrible.
Thanks

Re: Angel -How have you been feeling new
      #6589 - 04/20/03 05:44 PM
till

Since I'm too sick to go to the family doctor my mom went for me. Yes my mom. It's embarrassing but I'm too sick to go myself. You know what he said? He said he had no medicine and I should see a shrink!! I'd like to punch that loser! I have a horrible good for nothing doctor. I do use a heating pad. I use one everyday for most of the day but it makes my skin discolored! I have dark patches of skin on my stomach. I have fair skin and the patches are brown! It's gross! I hope you don't leave the heating pad on when you go to sleep. You can get burned. I know your trying to help. Thanks. I appreciate it. I really love chickens so I can't eat the poor creatures. I eat bread for most of my meals since it helps my C so I don't really eat rice. It's hard to eat it plain.

#6590 - 04/20/03 05:47 PM
till

I forgot to say that I'm following Heather's diet.

#6599 - 04/20/03 07:16 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Angel - you don't have to eat rice plain, although I do love it with just s&p. You can put sugar and cinnamon on it, honey, soy sauce, etc. (but not all at one time!!!) Did you see the recipes I put on the Recipe Exchage for baked fried potatoes? Can you tolerate potatoes? Minus the skins, they're soluble fiber.

Try putting a towel around the heating pad so that the heat is not so directly on your tummy.

Your doc sounds like a real dirtbag. Heather was right when she said he should be a gardener because then he would only hurt plants! I thought Canadians had a very good medical system...is that not so?

Please hang in there and don't worry about your weight. When you're feeling better, you can then concentrate on losing some. I wish I weighed 115 lbs...I'm also 5'5" tall and weigh about 170. When I graduated HS about 40 years ago, I weighed 118. Boy, those were the days LOL! I'd be happy to get down to 150.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#6809 - 04/22/03 05:20 PM
till

I don't put the heating pad directly on my stomache. I put it over whatever I'm wearing at the time like a sweatshirt or tanktop, etc. Hopefully the discoloring will go away. Actually I don't weigh 115lbs anymore I'm up to 116lbs! I'm not eating cookies with canola oil anymore. Way too much fat. I really like cocoa so that's hard to give up. I can't find a really good recipes with cocoa in it. I wish more food was sold here like arrowroot cookies, graham crackers, fat free saltines, etc. Don't worry you'll lose weight. Me too. I hope.

#6893 - 04/23/03 08:55 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Angel -

There are some excellent cocoa cookies etc on the site here. I have tried Sharon's Cocoa Chewy Cookies and they are wonderful and incredibly moist.

I have found that is more difficult to find foods in a grocery store that we can eat - I'd rather bake my cookies and goodies now - I haven't bought any cookies or anything since January because I have been baking it all. Alot easier than reading labels etc.

***** (FIVE STARS)For the Cookies LOL

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 152 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15767

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review