All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
need non-meat cold sandwich filler ASAP
      #348485 - 07/27/09 04:22 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I have to pack lunches this weekend and want something similar to hub's turkey sandwiches. I should have figured it out sooner, but, does anyone have ideas?
These are things that crossed my mind:
cold chik'n pattie
cold fake bacon
tofu 'egg' salad (I've never had real egg salad so I don't know if I'd like tofu - and I do eat eggs so probably won't make this one)
spicy tofu and peanut butter spread
baked sliced tofu of some kind
everything like hub's but the turkey

hummus is too gassy for me for a sitting down convention like this. We have to stay away from gas causing foods.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: need non-meat cold sandwich filler ASAP new
      #348500 - 07/27/09 07:40 PM
Boston_Dee

Reged: 07/17/09
Loc: Boston, MA

maybe try a veggie burger - I like boca burgers - taste surprisingly like hamburgers!

--------------------
Please visit me on Facebook!

#348556 - 07/28/09 07:48 PM
Little Minnie

have you had them cold? I eat them all the time but warm. I have to make a cold sandwich.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#348557 - 07/28/09 08:00 PM
Boston_Dee

Reged: 07/17/09
Loc: Boston, MA

I'm sure they taste fine at room temperature which is my preference for most everything anyway.

--------------------
Please visit me on Facebook!

#348613 - 07/30/09 06:07 PM
Jo658

Reged: 06/02/08
Loc: Texas

How about a cold pasta salad or a couple of corn muffins and baked sweet potatoe cubes sprinkled with cinnamon and brown sugar or whatever sweetner you use. A veggie sandwich made with sauted or grilled veggies served on either a tortilla or french bread or stuffed into a pita pocket.

#348627 - 07/31/09 12:52 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

OOh OOOhhh I forgot, grilled portobella mushrooms are perfect for a sandwich.

I usually sautee mine in veggie broth with a little seasoning (your preference) First I slice it into thin slices then sautee it. It's really good on an English Muffin with some soy cheese.

HTH
Kappy

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#348700 - 08/03/09 02:57 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

There's a recipe in the cook book for a cold sweet potatoes sald that would also be good. I think it's called japenese sweet potato salad or something - just got back from a weekend on the coast so waaay to lazy to go check.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#348713 - 08/03/09 05:15 PM
Little Minnie

Thanks for the suggestions. I was travelling without access to cooking equipment for 3 days and just wanted some easy cold sandwiches. I ended up bringing fake bacon but the hotel room did not have a microwave! So I had to bring it down each morning to the bell hop who had a micro in his station. He was very nice. The third day I just ate a little turkey instead! which wasn't good. bleck.
It did work out well to make the sandwiches and hub was happy with his all 3 days which is good and the fake bacon sandwiches were delicious. I just wish fake bacon was vegan and it is not.

--------------------

#348839 - 08/08/09 03:01 PM
linisue54

Reged: 08/30/08

I make sandwiches every day and add sliced avacados to mine.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 385 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6381

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review