All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
cookbook recommendation
      #347250 - 06/17/09 08:22 AM
Clara818

Reged: 06/08/09

I highly recommend The Candle Cafe Cookbook (vegan). I think some of you have been to the restaurant in NYC of the same name. Like Heather, the chefs really pick their ingredients and proportions carefully. I've messed up so many recipes making awkward substitutions, and this book has helped me a lot.

Cheers,
Clara

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: cookbook recommendation - dela smith new
      #347268 - 06/18/09 01:34 AM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Oh I was just thinking about this.

Not totally IBS friendly but I'd recommend Delia Smith's Complete guide to cookery. On a casual flick through I've found a few recipes that are ibs compatible as is and a lot that can be adapted. The art work in it's just beautiful as well. I also have a original version of her complete cookery course book with touts itself as a complete guide to eating in the '90s. This always makes me giggle.

I also have Secrets of fat free cooking. I got it for a few cents from a amazon trader called Green Earth Books. They recycle books by selling them at ridiculously low prices on amazon.

Amazon also has two other IBS cook books: recipes for IBS and Healthy cooking for IBS. I ordered both and sent back one as I decided it was more likely to make me worse. I kept the other one but I've still to make something using it. Once I'm back home I'll check which one I have.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 236 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1890

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review