All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
herbals teas that contain chicory root
      #341554 - 02/02/09 08:22 PM
DL

Reged: 02/02/09
Loc: Virginia, USA

I am wondering if anyone has tried herbal teas that contain chicory root? I have read up a bit and found that it can have a mild laxative effect when used as a food additive, and just wondered if anyone has tried them before and what the result was. Esp for IBS-D folks. I love the peppermint tea Heather carries, but was ready for another taste and found something with lemon and chamomile among other things, but wasn't sure about the chicory. Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: herbals teas that contain chicory root new
      #341571 - 02/03/09 12:45 PM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

I drink Celestial Seasonings teas all of the time and many of them have chicory root. I have no problems with them. I'm a C, so I can't tell you if it will make your D worse or not. I can tell you that the amount is probably so minuscule that one tea bag won't make much of a difference. How long you steep your tea for will probably also make a difference.

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: herbals teas that contain chicory root new
      #341955 - 02/11/09 08:17 AM
DL

Reged: 02/02/09
Loc: Virginia, USA

Thank you for your kindness in responding. I have seen several teas that sound so good but have been reluctant to try them because I don't want to do anything to bring on D. It sounds like maybe they will be just fine to try. Have a good day!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 277 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3052

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review