All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Vegan Chocolate Truffles
      #341038 - 01/19/09 06:43 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

I found this amazing and so easy recipe from Vegetarian Times magazine. When you are craving chocolate this is the recipe for you!

1/2 cup chocolate soy milk
1 12oz bag of vegan choc. chips
Cocoa powder or powdered sugar

Heat up the chocolate soy milk until hot to the touch. Melt the vegan choc. chips in a pot over a simmering pot of water. When all melted, add the choc. soy milk and mix until smooth.
Put mixture in the fridge for 5 hours or overnight.
Cut and roll mixture into 1 in. balls and then roll into cocoa powder or powdered sugar. For me it made about 24 truffles- the recipe says it should make 40, but I think I made mine too big!!

*When I made them I used cocoa powder but because it was unsweetened I felt that it added a bitter taste that I didnt like- so I feel that the powdered sugar would be better*
*Also I could only find 10 oz. bags of vegan choc. chips so when I did mine I just omitted a tiny amount of choc. soy milk to make up for the 2 oz. of choc. chips I was missing.*
They are so rich and wonderful!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Vegan Chocolate Truffles new
      #341076 - 01/21/09 06:57 AM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

Can anyone suggest a a good VEGAN chocolate chip brand?? So I assume Giradelli, Nesltes ets are no good??

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

#341096 - 01/21/09 02:47 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

If you look at your grocery store brand of chocolate chips they should be dairy free. If you have a kroger thats they kind I use. You can find them at a hfs but there high. hth
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#341097 - 01/21/09 03:06 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

The brand that I use is called "Enjoy Life". The only thing about them is that they come in 10oz bags instead of the standard 12oz bags. But they taste like real chocolate to me!! Heres a review I read about them:

"I have just tackled their Semisweet Chocolate Chips that are GF (of course) and dairy-free too; in fact they only contain: Evaporated Cane Juice, Chocolate Liquor, and Non-Dairy Cocoa Butter. They tasted just fine, and I began by eating them plain (as a snack of sorts) just to see how decent the chocolate was. I am a huge fan of chocolate in general, and these chips were plenty acceptable. The main difference compared to normal chips like Nestle's Toll House Semisweet Chocolate Morsels is that the Nestle's will contain milk fat. If you need to avoid dairy/casein, these Enjoy Life chips are certainly a good way to go - and, they are made in a dedicated facility and certified gluten-free and allergen-free."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 216 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3442

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review