All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
SOY YOGURT
      #340798 - 01/14/09 06:35 AM
b232

Reged: 05/05/05
Loc: Seguin, Texas USA

I READ THAT SOY YOGURT IS A GREAT SOURCE FOR A PROBIOTIC BUT I AM NEW AT THIS. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOUGURT BRANDS ARE SAFE. I HAVENT HAD YOGURT IN ABOUT 4 YEARS. IS THIS SOMETHING THAT I WOULD HAVE TO INTRODUCE SLOWLY?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: SOY YOGURT new
      #340820 - 01/14/09 05:20 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

So far the I really like the Silk brand soy yogurt. It is completly dairy free. You have to be careful cause some yogurts I found out the hard way say "dairy free" but then in small writing on the back it says that the probiotics were mixed in milk. So I know that the Silk brand is completly dairy free. Hope that helps!!

Stefanie

#340839 - 01/14/09 09:05 PM
b232

Reged: 05/05/05
Loc: Seguin, Texas USA

i have read that others try stonyfield farms fat free yogurt and danactive fat free. both of these products have skim milk in them. is it still safe? how do they take it with this ingredient? im having a hard time finding silk soy yogurt.

#340845 - 01/15/09 09:48 AM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

For me I can not have any dairy- but I have been severly lactose intolerant my whole life. I can only find Silk at Acme grocery stores and at Marcs (I dont know if you have any of those around you). Honestly I havent been able to find much of anything else. I have a Marcs close to me, so I just go there for my Silk yogurt. I know that Trader Joes has a soy yogurt brand also. I've never tried it though.

#340874 - 01/16/09 07:59 AM
Jenny B

Reged: 03/27/07
Loc: Montana

I eat Stonyfield Farms fat free vanilla yogurt and I don't have any problems with it. It has probiotics as well which is always a great added bonus. I hope you find something you can enjoy and will agree with you as well!

#341591 - 02/04/09 08:34 AM
Ravyn

Reged: 02/06/06
Loc: New Jersey

I have found Silk Yogurt at A&P. I haven't been to Wegman's lately, but they have a lot of that stuff (Wegman's may be east coast only).

--------------------
IBS-C

#341913 - 02/10/09 01:47 PM
CMBickel

Reged: 04/25/03
Loc: Sandy, UT

I am IBS-D & lactose intolerent. Stoneyfield All Natural Cultured Soy (6 tubs = 3 strawberry, 3 peach) agrees with me. Here in Utah I find it at Natural Foods, Whole Foods (formerly Wild Oats), and Walmart. CMB

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 278 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4731

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review