All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
would like a good recipe for a good chicken pot pie
      #340001 - 12/24/08 08:24 PM
steph312

Reged: 08/05/07
Loc: Florida

was wondering if anyone has a good recipe for a ck pot pie. When I go to look at the pie shells they are loaded with fat, so I thought maybe I could make my own pie shell. So if anyone has a recipe or any sugguestions I would appreciate them.

Thanks Stephanie IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: would like a good recipe for a good chicken pot pie new
      #340018 - 12/26/08 05:59 AM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

I mix chunks of cooked chicken (or turkey) breast with small chunks of cooked veggies (I tend to use potatoes, carrots and celery but you can use whatever works for you). Sometimes to save time and work I throw in a can of VegAll instead. Then I mix in some chicken broth mixed with acacia fiber for thickening. I put this all in a small casserole dish. Then I make a 1/2 recipe of drop biscuits (using canola oil) and drop it by spoonfuls on top. I bake at 375 until the biscuit is done.

This is one of those things that can be varied to taste, so I don't really have any precise measurements. I just use a standard biscuit recipe from a cookbook, but I can look it up and give you the details if you need it.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

Re: would like a good recipe for a good chicken pot pie new
      #340057 - 12/27/08 11:00 AM
steph312

Reged: 08/05/07
Loc: Florida

Thanks, that sounds pretty simple. That's about how I made it before except I would put cream of celery and put it in a deep pie shell. I thought now the cream of celery would be too hard on the stomach, so the ck broth sounds great never thought of that. As far as the biscuits I will go and look for a recipe. Thanks again

Try low fat bisquick new
      #340072 - 12/27/08 04:29 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Try the low fat bisquick made them with the milk of choice. they turn out pretty good.
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 181 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4139

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review