All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
EASY PEACH COBBLER.. WHAT DO YOU THINK??
      #338838 - 12/03/08 01:03 PM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

I just saw this recipe from The Pampered chef.. I would think if we use ALMOND MILK / SOY ETC and SUB out the Butter for our safe alternative ( I use smart Balance light) that it should be fine as long as we have had our meal first with plenty of SF. What do you think..

Easy Peach Cobbler
1-cup flour
½ cup butter or margarine >>>>>>>>>>>SUB WITH SMART B LIGHT OR YOUR CHOICE OF SAFE BUTTER/MARGARINE
1-cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
½ cup milk >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SUB WITH ALMOND MILK/SOY ETC
29 oz. can sliced peaches with juice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place butter in bottom of baker. Place in oven just long enough to melt the butter. Remove from oven when melted. Sift flour, sugar and baking powder into Classic Batter Bowl. Then add milk. Mix well with whisk to make a batter. Pour the batter over the melted butter. Heat the fruit and juice. Pour the warm fruit and juice over the batter. DO NOT STIR. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 min. The butter will creep through the fruit and make a crust on top. Note: Any desired fruit or berry will work

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: EASY PEACH COBBLER.. WHAT DO YOU THINK?? new
      #338841 - 12/03/08 02:00 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Look in the food index I think its called easy fruit cobbler or something like that its really easy to make and it has less ingridents and a whole lot safer. I made mine with blyberry and peaches its awesome. For thanksgiving I made a blackberry one and my neice and nephew almost ate the whole pan.! If you can't find it let me know. hth
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#338843 - 12/03/08 02:12 PM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

SO does this one not sound safe??

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

#338854 - 12/03/08 04:45 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

me personalley no I don't think it does.
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#338861 - 12/04/08 06:35 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

The ingredients are fine in and of themselves but it seems to be awfully high in fat - 1/2 cup of butter plus whatever fat is in your milk substitute to 1 cup of flour. Whether you can tolerate it depends on how well you do with fat and how much low-fat, high SF you eat in your meal beforehand.

Have you seen this recipe: Any Fruit Cobbler

It's simple, delicious, and lower in fat.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 292 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3207

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review