All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I have A question regarding eggs please help
      #337649 - 11/03/08 11:16 AM
babyfacekilla

Reged: 10/10/08
Loc: Nashville, TN

I just had a question..not thinking til Yesterday but is it possible to be allergic to eggs and even egg whites..I used the bread pudding recipe i found on here and used egg whites and well..had problems after..but everything else in it seems tolerable from past experiences does anybody else have an egg problem.

I also have a side note question if anybody can help..i wanted to know where i would find the "oils" for the aromatherapy spray i read on a thread like the peppermint oil and chamomile..would that be the candle aisle oils..

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I have A question regarding eggs please help new
      #337651 - 11/03/08 12:25 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I don't do well with egg whites. I can't do cooked eggs and I am working on just having them in bake things. There is a a vegan pumpkin bread pudding on here that I posted thats egg free and its wonderful (I had some today) if you google vegan you'll find some recipes that are egg free and very good. If you can't find the pumpkin bread pudding thats egg free on here let me know and I'll repost it for ya..
hth
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#337678 - 11/04/08 04:00 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Yes, it is possible to be allergic to the protein in egg whites, egg yolks, or the whole egg. Eggs are one of the top eight allergens and in the US are required to be listed on labels clearly for that reason.

In the health food store there is something called egg replacer by Ener-G foods. I believe it is made primarily out of tapioca starch. You mix it with water and use it to replace eggs. I've not baked with it myself, but I've heard good things from others who have. That being said, I think it would work better in brownies or quick bread than in bread pudding

--------------------
IBS-C

#337679 - 11/04/08 04:01 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

In terms of the aromatherapy oils, look in your health food store. You want something pure, not something full of chemicals like you'd find with the cheap candles.

Good luck!

--------------------
IBS-C

#337707 - 11/04/08 06:04 PM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

i love ener g I am deathly allergic to egg yokes, so I am a bit paranoid about the whole egg thing and use this instead, it bakes up great, never bothers my tummy, and if you are a "spontanious" baker like me ( yes it's three am and yes I need muffins) it is very conveinient, because it comes in a big box, and stays good forever!

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 424 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4065

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review