All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Cornbread dressing
      #336866 - 10/10/08 07:28 AM
Valerie Fitzenreiter

Reged: 10/10/08

I make cornbread dressing for family gatherings every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Now I use an IBS friendly recipe.

1 recipe of cornbread from Heather's cookbook - crumbled
1 recipe of mushroom soup from the message board
Saute'in small amount of soy margarine:
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped bell peppers
1 cup chopped celery
chopped garlic (according to your tolerance)
Add some chopped parsley and a few chopped jalapenos and bake covered in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake until slightly brown on top (another 30 minutes in my oven).

If mixture seems too dry, I add a little chicken broth. If I have lots of leftover turkey and no leftover dressing, I'll make another recipe of dressing and add some cubed turkey and bake. Then I divide it into single servings and freeze. It freezes well and lasts for months if I can hide it from guests. If I'm strapped for time, I mix it up and put it into the freezer unbaked. Then bake as I need it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Cornbread dressing new
      #336868 - 10/10/08 09:17 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Silly me.... the subject line threw me!! dressing = stuffing!! I was thinking to myself, "Self, what kind of dressing (like salad dressing) could this possibly be??" before clicking on the link!! LOL

Man, this sounds GREAT!! Could you possibly add a link to the mushroom soup that you use from the boards to this thread?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#336882 - 10/10/08 10:52 AM
Valerie Fitzenreiter

Reged: 10/10/08

posted by Erilyn

1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
1/3 cup soy milk or other "milk" of choice
1/2 cup of vegetable broth (I find vegetable more flavourful than chicken broth, but you can use chicken broth if you like)
1/4 tsp dried basil
1 tbs dry white cooking wine (the alcohol will cook out)- optional
2 tbs cornstarch

Spray a non-stick frying pan with cooking spray, and saute mushrooms until tender. Put aside. Combine the soy milk, broth, the basil, and the wine in a saucepan and heat until just beginning to simmer. Slowly whisk cornstarch into the hot "cream" mixture. Continue cooking until it has thickened. Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms. From my experience with cornstarch vs. flour gravies, the cornstarch should give it a nice gelatanous texture as it cools - and hopefully will be very similar to the canned condensed cream of mushroom soup!

#336894 - 10/10/08 03:08 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

This sounds yummy! I may give this a shot... The dried fruit in Heather's stuffing recipe just does not agree with me, so maybe this one would be better!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 228 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3930

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review