All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pregnant, vegan, and hungry!! Need ideas!!
      #334615 - 08/14/08 09:33 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I'm trying to stick to gaining "one pound per week", but heartburn has been making that a little difficult the last week or so. I need new snack ideas! The things I already eat EVERY day are:

* Morning fruit smoothie
* peanut butter and jelly sandwich (morning snack)
* brown rice cereal with ground flax (2nd morning snack!)
* either cereal w/rice milk OR bagel with soy cream cheese in the afternoon. I usually have a handful of sunflower seeds with this snack, too.

Since I get a bunch of fruit in the morning, I try to get the majority of my veggies with lunch and dinner, and protein at every major meal. I don't do oats. I used to eat hummus, but pregnancy has turned me off to it! Anyone have any healthy snack ideas that incorporate either fruits or (especially) veggies??

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pregnant, vegan, and hungry!! Need ideas!! new
      #334619 - 08/14/08 09:55 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

What about making some bread either zuchunie,pumpkin, or even bluberry muffins. You could also do a big pan of soup with veggies. hth
emmamsom
ibs-c gas

#334628 - 08/14/08 10:58 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

What about soups with beans for protein, and lots of soft veggies?

I eat a lot of buckwheat pasta too - lots of protein and pretty easy to digest - just don't get the one that has ww flour mixed in! I actually buy the gluten free one that's mixed with rice flour instead of ww.

--------------------
IBS-C

#334899 - 08/19/08 02:14 PM
Hapamama

Reged: 05/15/08
Loc: Seattle

Veggie pizza (w/soy cheese or even an olive oil base) or bruschetta? Or even a small veggie sandwich. I did not like hummus while pregnant either, but I could tolerate it on a veggie sandwich for some reason. I drank V-8 juice w/lime for a long time, lots of ice. I could not eat veggies for the first trimester at all. I gained a ton of weight, people thought I was having twins! If it helps, I lost it all and the some chasing my two tykes around the house all day! I'm actually 3 sizes smaller now than before my pregnancy! Good luck and kudos to you for all your work to stay healthy for that little one!

#334973 - 08/20/08 08:55 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

There are a couple of appetizers from Heather's EFI Cookbook you can try:
Bruschetta with White Bean and Almond Dip - I really like this one, lots of protein

The other one is Crostini with Roasted Garlic and Green Pea dip. It's not posted on the Board - if it sounds good to you and you don't have Heather's book I can post the recipe. I like it okay but I have a friend who really loves it and it's a good way to get veggies. You should be able to cut down the garlic or use garlic powder if you can tolerate that so it won't be so hard on your heartburn.

If you're looking for a vegetable soup, I really like Tomato and Bean 15 Minute Soup. You can change up the veggies and it freezes very well. You can sub vegetable broth for the chicken broth.

I know you said you were off hummus but you might still enjoy Artichoke Hummus. To me it doesn't taste particularly hummus-y at all. I think because there's no tahini in it.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 787 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3885

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review