All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Re: Suggestions for Easy Quick Meals- cats!!?!
      #3341 - 03/19/03 12:40 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

LOL - Sorry to be so rude Sarah!

I am sure dogs have their own personalities as well. Us selfish cat people have no thought for other people and their animals LOL.

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Suggestions for Easy Quick Meals new
      #3347 - 03/19/03 01:37 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

We have the same problem. Speaking of men in snack aisle, my girls and I went to a birthday party last week with a bunch my friends and their kids. My friend told us about a dream she had just had, she was pregnant and she went grocery shopping with her husband. She went into labor and couldn't find her husband. They paged him and he was in the snack food area. We were all laughing about it. I can so see that happening to her too. Her last baby she didn't even know she was in labor and ended up at the hospital before it started. She was eight cm. dialated at that point. Needless to say she had her son minutes later. He will be two tomorrow.

Re: Okanagan soy cheese for Canadians new
      #3362 - 03/19/03 05:08 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Don't know where in Canada you are, but Zehrs markets carry them as does A and P. Check with the other specialty cheeses. The website is okcheese.com

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Okanagan soy cheese for Canadians new
      #3399 - 03/19/03 07:36 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I'm in Saskatchewan and sadly have never heard of Zehrs. We have Nutters here. Has anyone heard of that place?

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: Suggestions for Easy Quick Meals- cats!!?! new
      #3459 - 03/20/03 12:49 PM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

That's ok Lana_Marie, just having issues with a ginger cat that seems to use our garden as a bathroom at the moment, so probably came over a bit rough. Also prob. jealous for your conversation with Sharon, I never seem on at the same time as anyone else because of the time difference. Poor me! Time to stop moaning...
Sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

something quick for lana marie... new
      #3471 - 03/20/03 02:48 PM
junipertre3

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: Chicago, IL.

go to your grocery store and look in the canned soup aisle for "potato leek" soup. It is usually low in fat and dairy
free and perfect for an ibs sufferer, but check the back label to be sure. Baxters makes a great "potato garden leek"
soup. a bowl of that and a french demi-baguette and you've got heaven in 10 minutes.
also some angel hair pasta and a little prego sauce with french bread never hurt anyone either.

Re: Suggestions for Easy Quick Meals- cats!!?! new
      #3492 - 03/20/03 05:02 PM
SharonMello

Loc: Groveland, CA

Sarah - We used to have that problem in Fremont. I think about 6 cats used my front flower bed for a toilet. I tried everything--red pepper, black pepper, stuff from the hardware store they said would work. Nothing worked. My husband decided to try to capture the culprit and he did it. But after a while the cats got wise to the traps and stayed away. I don't know what else to suggest--Maybe one of those water spray things that have a motion sensor. Whenever an animal comes around and triggers the sensor, it starts to shoot off water like a sprinkler. And, cats don't like water.

What's a mother to do????

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Re: Dinner in a Bag new
      #3510 - 03/20/03 07:14 PM
jst4kdz

Reged: 03/10/03
Loc: Burlington, Ontario Canada

Lana- I find we are not able to get the variety in Canada as those in the States

Re: Suggestions for Easy Quick Meals new
      #3513 - 03/20/03 07:25 PM
jst4kdz

Reged: 03/10/03
Loc: Burlington, Ontario Canada

There is a website www.allrecipes.com You are able to have them send you the recipe of the day or search recipes for different things. I have tried 2-3 with chicken that were awesome and fast!!!! You are ble to see the calories etc.. as well, plus if the recipe is for 6 servings and you only have 4 chicken pieces you can ask that the recipe be scaled to meet what you have. Hope this will help

Re: Suggestions for Easy Quick Meals - Chicken Recipes new
      #3521 - 03/20/03 07:59 PM
SharonMello

Loc: Groveland, CA

Lana Marie - I was using a box of instant potatoes tonight and read the recipes on the box. These look really good and I thought you'd like them cuz they're quick and easy.

CRISPY HERB BAKED CHICKEN

2/3 c instant mashed potato flakes (Hungry Jack)
1/3 grated soy parmesan
2 tsp parsley flakes
3/4 to 1 tsp garlic powder
3 lb skinned chicken breasts

Combine potato flakes, parmesan, parsley and garlic in med bowl. Spray chicken w/spray I can;t believe it's not butter and then roll in potato flake mixture to coat. Place in cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.

Bake at 375 for 45-60 min or until breasts are fork tender and juices run clear.

Here's another:

EASY SEASONED CHICKEN

boneless skinless chicken/turkey breast halves
bottled FF Italian salad dressing
Hungry Jack mashed potato flakes

1. Dip chicken in dressing; coat with potato flakes.

2. Brown coated chicken in large skillet sprayed with cooking spray 3 to 4 min on each side.

3. Cover and cook over low heat about 10 to 15 min or until chicken is no longer pink inside and juices run clear.

Viola.

Let us know if anyone tries this.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 57 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 207183

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review