All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Chicken in mushroom Gravy
      #332607 - 07/16/08 06:08 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

This is what we had for super it was very good I fix zucchuni and carrot coucous and frech bread and green beans with this. Yum DH loved it to! I found the recipe on www.recipes.sparkpeople.com
Chicken in mushroom Gravy
1 TB butter ( I used smart balance light)
3 6-oz chicken breasts
8-10 oz fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup sliced onions (omit if can't handle I did)
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 cup cup chicken broth
1 1/2 TB flour
Sprinkle chicken breast with salt & pepper. Melt butter in skillet, add chicken, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Turn chicken, add onions and mushrooms on top of chicken. Cover and cook for 10 additional minutes.
Remove lid, add chicken broth with flour. Mix onions and mushrooms into the sauce. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes more.
This would also be good with mashed poatoes or rice!
Emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chicken in mushroom Gravy new
      #332614 - 07/16/08 08:24 PM
Hapamama

Reged: 05/15/08
Loc: Seattle

This sounds good. I know my husband would like it, thanks, we'll give it a try!

#332802 - 07/19/08 08:06 AM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Instead of the butter could I do canola oil? And if so is it equal amounts? This sounds really good and I want to try it! Thanks!!

Stef

#332828 - 07/19/08 07:30 PM
emmasmom

I ask my dh and hes said he didn't see why you couldn't (hes the one that made it.) I think its worth a try. Let me know if it turns out like that.Hope you like it.

emmasmom (sheila)
ibs-c
gas

#332952 - 07/21/08 05:40 PM
steffiejoy

This was so good!!! My husband liked it a lot too. I served it with rice and carrots. I doubled the chicken broth and flour cause I like a lot of sauce. I think next time I will also get more mushrooms and put it over mashed potatoes!! I also get nervous with oil. So I just sprayed the skillet with Pam instead of using any kind of butter or oil. It was such a good change from my normal teriyaki chicken. Thanks for the great recipe! Also... I made the no pudge brownies. I baked them in a glass pan though so I baked them for about 5 extra minutes. But they still seem kinda fudgy and soft in the middle. Are they just fudgy?? I was thinking maybe they are supposed to be like that? I didnt add the extra egg white cause I wanted them to be more like brownies instead of cake. Anyways thanks again!!!

Stef

I'm so glad you like! new
      #332958 - 07/21/08 06:20 PM
emmasmom

I am so glad you liked it I think I'll take your advice and use the spray the next time butter and oil makes me nervous to.. The mash poatoes and rice sounds good to. I am like you I get tired of the same old food. Dh said hes glad your dh liked he cause he like it alot to! Yes the brownies are suppose to be fudgey I like them cake like. Just currious what did you have for a "if"? Glad you liked it! Have a good night.
emmasmom(sheila)
ibs-c gas

Re: I'm so glad you like! new
      #332960 - 07/21/08 06:44 PM
steffiejoy

I typically stay somewhat away from "if". So today I had the chicken, rice and carrots. So I guess I didnt have any "if" But I do alternate between carrots and french style green beans. The green beans are "if" so that helps. I really need to be eating more "if" because I'm malnourished says my doctors (my cardiologist being the most concerned) and I want to get pregnant in a year. I just get so nervous about it. I know that carrots and rice are safe for me so I stick with it. But green beans are a good "if" for me. I also saw that you ate couscous with it and I've really wanted to try that. But I wimped out because of the wheat in it. Maybe some good "if" to add would be to use the onions the recipe calls for (I left them out also) and add some chopped green pepper. I thought about trying that, but of course I wimped out! Hope that helps! I am not good with "if" either!! Thanks again!!

Stef

Chicken in mushroom Gravy- with stuffing on top! new
      #363945 - 03/09/11 07:09 AM
emmasmom

This recipe alone with poatoes or rice is good. But try it with stuffing it is wondeful I have made it twice now and my dh LOVES it it makes great left overs as well heres the recipe for the stuffing.

Stuffing
4 cups of italian bread cut into cubes (I use walmarts italian bread in the bakery its excellent for this even if its a couple days old.)
1 cup chopped celery (I used less and it was good)
1 chopped onion(leave out if you can't do onion I did)
8 oz of fresh mushrooms or 1 small can drained.
1 1/2 cups of chicken broth
*** I left these out since there was mushrooms in the chicken you won't miss them.
In a large bowel mix bread cubes and 1 cup of broth
cook celery and mushrooms(if using fresh til soft) add to bread cubes and add rest of broth put in a 8x10 baking dish and bake at 350 for about 30 mins or crustey on top.Add to the already made chicken and mushrooms add it right on top stir it in just a little and enjoy!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 73 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14411

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review