All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Antidepressant brownies plus chocolate frosting
      #331730 - 06/29/08 03:04 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Oh my goodness let me tell you... this was the first time I have ever made the antidepressant brownies and they were sooooo good and so fudgy! My husband and my parents couldnt even tell that they were IBS brownies! I also made this chocolate frosting from the recipe exchange index:

1 c powdered sugar
2T cocoa powder
2T hot water
1/2 t vanilla

Mix together

That frosting is amazing! For a 13x9 in. pan of brownies I think I tripled the frosting recipe and added around an extra tablespoon of hot water so the frosting was easier to spread. I am making them for the Fourth of July! I was also wondering... can we eat sprinkles? I looked at the ingredients and its mainly sugar and cornsyrup (no HFCS) and aritficial coloring- which I try to stay away from artificial anything, but I wanted to put red, white and blue sprinkles on the brownies for the Fourth. Anyways... wanted to share how awesome these brownies and the frosting is. I think a girl named Jules shared the frosting recipe! Thanks!!!

Stef

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Sprinkles and Smore brownies! new
      #331735 - 06/29/08 04:49 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Sprinkles should be just fine! I love these but the applesauce makes me sick everytime. Another thing I do with these There called smores browines when you take them out of the oven cover the browines with marshmellows and then put them back in the oven just engouh to melt then take the hersheys choclate syrup (lite kind) and drizzle all over the browines ( this can be left off just as good with out it.) Then put grham crackers on top press lightley onto the marshmellow and cover the whole thing with them and then cut into squares. There so good. I made these for my non ibs friends for christmas and I just asked the other day if I could make them some more.Enjoy.
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

Edited by emmasmom (06/29/08 06:03 PM)

Re: Sprinkles and Smore brownies! new
      #331751 - 06/29/08 08:51 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

OOOH! Those sound really good and good news about sprinkles! I havent been daring yet with hersheys syrup- nor did I know they had a lite kind, I will have to check out the ingredients. I saw you post something once about applesauce making you sick... do you eat the unsweetened? Because that is just pureed apples and water- no sugar and no HFCS. You know its funny- there are alot of products now that advertise in big letters No high fructose corn syrup. I showed my husband juice boxes that said that to prove that there must be a lot of people who try to stay away from that stuff and its not just us IBSers. Thanks for the recipe idea... that sounds great!

#331763 - 06/30/08 06:43 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

You know I said the same thing to my husband I just found a loaf of bread that said the same thing that it was hfcs free. In think I am going to give the apple sauce another chance. The hersheys syrup is dairy free and fat free. Hfcs has to be bad if "normal" people are trying to avoid it. Let me know how the browines go and happy 4th~!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#331780 - 06/30/08 10:01 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Oh wow great idea! Thanks!!

#331788 - 06/30/08 01:42 PM

Unregistered

These sound divine! Thanks for sharing

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 301 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6597

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review