All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Corn Muffins- What did I do wrong?
      #329456 - 05/06/08 06:07 PM
Kteach84

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: MA

Okay so last week I made Heather's sweet cornbread except made them as corn muffins and they came out great except they really stuck to the muffin cups to the point where I lost a good portion of the muffin every time I ate them. So this time I just sprayed some baking pam on the muffin tray and didn't use cups. Now the outside is really like...rubbery I guess you could say. It didn't stick but it didn't taste the best either. Is it because of the pam...?

The only other thing I did differently was tried to put a TINY bit less canola oil but it was SUCH a tiny bit I wouldn't think that would do anything. I was just trying to make the fat a little less. Would that make it rubbery on the edge?

Thanks for the help! Still learning how to be a baker )

--------------------
I am training for a Sprint Triathlon- Check out my Blog!
http://redsoxcap.blogspot.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Experienced baker needed new
      #329476 - 05/07/08 08:16 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Sadly, low-fat and paper muffin liners don't mix so Pam is the way to go. I'm not sure about the rubberiness - I guess it could be too much Pam. I usually spray the cups then use a paper towel to both spread the Pam around and wipe out some of it. Maybe a more experienced baker will have a more definitive answer.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Edited by Sand (05/07/08 08:16 AM)

Re: Corn Muffins- What did I do wrong? new
      #329480 - 05/07/08 10:31 AM
fancymom

Reged: 09/17/07
Loc: SC

Hey Kteach84!
Well - Did you try to use either the Pam with flour spray for baking, or after you spray your muffin cups lightly with Pam, then dust them with flour.
That might help!
Good luck!!

--------------------
FancyMom
IBS-A,Constipation predominant, GERD

Re: Experienced baker needed new
      #329484 - 05/07/08 11:37 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I would also guess too much Pam. Also if you have an earthenware muffin pan or whatever they are called that might happen. A good old medium colored muffin tin is best. I don't use the nonstick ones. And I pretty much never use paper liners. I don't think they have a purpose.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#329499 - 05/07/08 03:06 PM
Kteach84

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: MA

Ha ha my boyfriend is dying laughing right now because the other day (not making the corn muffins) I used pam for the first time (I'm really just getting into this cooking thing) and I sprayed SO much pam that he came running from the other room and was like STOP what are you doing? Of course I used a ton less last night for the corn muffins but neither of us are surprised that I still used too much. Haha, oh well at least I'm trying, thanks for the advice )

--------------------
I am training for a Sprint Triathlon- Check out my Blog!
http://redsoxcap.blogspot.com/

#329508 - 05/07/08 04:22 PM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

My other thought is that maybe you left them in the muffin tin too long after they came out of the oven? I usually let my muffins cool for about 5 minutes, then remove them to wire racks, so they don't get gummy in the tins.

Hope you have better luck next time

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 916 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3436

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review