All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
No-Pudge Brownies
      #328276 - 04/14/08 10:31 PM
youngpatient

Reged: 03/25/07

Has anyone tried the "No-Pudge" brownie baking mix they sell in the supermarket? I know it says all you have to do is add vanilla yogurt. I wonder if I could add soy yogurt instead or if anyone has any other ideas? I am on a diet and would love some low-cal brownies. Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: No-Pudge Brownies new
      #328284 - 04/15/08 08:19 AM

Unregistered

I've made them. You can definitely use soy yogurt. Check them out in the store - I think it actually has a note on the box about making them dairy-free.

Enjoy!

#328316 - 04/15/08 09:45 PM
youngpatient

How did you like them with the soy yogurt? Were they any good?

#328323 - 04/16/08 06:18 AM

Unregistered

You know, they were as good as they were gonna be, soy yogurt or not. They're not decadent fudgey amazing brownies, but if you're on a diet, they're a good option for feeding a craving. Depending on the brand of soy yogurt you use, one brownie (or 1/12th of the tray) will have around 125 calories. That's not bad. You just have to remember to hold them to diet food standard. Let me know how you like them.

#328327 - 04/16/08 07:50 AM
Joaniebird

Reged: 09/30/06
Loc: Connecticut

Hi Jen,
I made them with soy yogurt and sometimes I have used apple sauce. They are not to die for brownies, but they do satisfy that mad craving for chocolate brownies and they definitely are low cal. Other good chocolate substitutions for fudgy delights are Heather's peppermint fudge cake - it is soooo good - an d rice cakes with chocolate chips. I have found that rice cakes are safe if you don't buy the ones that have ranch or cheddar powder all over them.

Thank God for Heather and her fabulous web site, books, advice and total comfort. When I visit this site, I can't leave. Everything fades into the background even when I am supposed to be planning lessons or researching for my composition classes. Heather's web site is addictive!!!!

--------------------
Joaniebird

#328328 - 04/16/08 08:04 AM

Unregistered

I agree that this site is a real comfort. Everybody here understands.

I think the No Pudge brownies are probably the best option for youngpatient (though your chocolate fixes sound delicious, too) because she's looking for a lower-cal option. Nothing derails a diet like having a bag of chocolate chips in the cupboard...for me, anyway.

#329177 - 04/30/08 05:35 PM
ShanMarie36

Reged: 11/29/07
Loc: Maine

I have found that if you use a container and a half of yogurt(soy) that the brownies are much better. More fudgy like.

#329192 - 05/01/08 08:36 AM
youngpatient

Has anyone tried using pumpkin in place of yogurt?

Has anyone used pumpkin yet?-nt new
      #331307 - 06/19/08 01:59 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Re: Has anyone used pumpkin yet?-nt new
      #331437 - 06/22/08 08:52 PM
alyssum

Reged: 06/01/08
Loc: Ohio

A friend of mine has an awesome recipe for chocolate cupcakes that her 13 year old son BEGS for! She uses a packaged chocolate cake mix and a can of Libby's pumpkin, bake until a toothpick comes out clean.
They are gooey and delicious.
I have never made them, though. I will be trying something soon. I've been having a brownie craving.

--------------------
"Learn to write your hurts in the sand and your benefits in stone . . ."
IBS-A, predominantly D, Gas & bloating.
Chronic Migraines

I have this recipe! new
      #331444 - 06/23/08 07:05 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I have this recipe and a box of duncan hines cake mix and a can of pumpkin. But have been to chicken to try them. I just might one day this week. My daughter loves pumpkin to. Hum thanks for the push I just might make these. I 'll let ya know if I do.
emmamsom
ibs-c
gas

Re: Has anyone used pumpkin yet?-nt new
      #331473 - 06/23/08 08:41 PM
Joaniebird

Reged: 09/30/06
Loc: Connecticut

Hi Folks,
I have tried Heather's pumpkin apple cake from her cookbook and I made it many times. I even made it when it was my turn to do refreshments during our Sunday school class. I also made it for the last day of classes at the college where I teach. It is really wonderful - moist, sweet and spicy. I love it most in the fall when we crave that spiciness in cakes and pies, but it really is good anytime. I also love it because it freezes well so I can make it ahead. Try it. It's in the cookbook in the Index under pumpkin.(I think.)

--------------------
Joaniebird

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 404 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13304

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review