Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Quick and easy vegetarian dinners?
      #327949 - 04/07/08 08:30 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Hi all,
I've been so busy lately I haven't been eating well. What are some quick and easy (as in, I'm home from work and I have no energy and I'm hungry and so is the fiance) meatless main courses, preferably with vegetables? Please and thank you?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Quick and easy vegetarian dinners? new
      #327959 - 04/08/08 06:45 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

try this I think it would be just as good with out the chicken and I add some squash and mushrooms to it!
hope this helps
emmasmom
ibs-c
just tried an old recipe with substitutions and it worked! You slice 1/4 red bell pepper very thin along with three green onions (just a little of the tops) and cut a good quality chicken breast into bite size pieces. Saute the pepper and onion in as little oil as you can get away with in a nonstick skillet. Meanwhile cook your favorite pasts (shells or penne work well). Add the cut up chicken to the pepper & onion and turn each piece until browned on all sides. Cover and let simmer for no more than 4 or 5 minutes (too long will overcook the chicken). Drain pasta and add pepper, onion and chicken to pasta in saucepan (I use the one the pasta was cooked in). Stir 1/4 cup flour with 1/2 cup water and add original unsweetened Almond Milk until 2 to 2 1/2 cups. Pour this into the nonstick skillet and heat until it begins to thicken. Add 1/2 cup rice parmesan cheese (I can't have soy). Add spices to your taste - I like paprika, pepper, salt, garlic powder & celery salt. When cheese is melted pour over the pasta, chicken and veggies. Serve with fresh bread. It warms up beautifully for lunch.

#327962 - 04/08/08 08:53 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Here's a vegetarian version Retrograde created from one of my chicken recipes: web page.

Also, if you check the Recipe Index, you can do a find on the page for "vegetarian" and one for "vegan" and you'll get a lot of hits.

Or try this soup. Substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth and it should be vegetarian. With some crusty bread it makes a nice meal. And it freezes well so you can make lots when you do have a minute and store it away for those rushed days.

I'd think that most of the chili and spaghetti sauce recipes would work with mushrooms (portabella or white) in place of the ground turkey. And for something a little different, try this paprikash recipe. I love this and, although I make it with the chicken, my favorite part is the mushrooms. So you could try it with all mushrooms, no chicken, and vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and see how it is.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#327975 - 04/08/08 10:15 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Search in the recipe Exchange for Balsamic Tomato Couscous - it is sooooo good. I add beans to it to make it more of a meal.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Thanks all -nt- new
      #328048 - 04/09/08 06:57 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 300 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3388

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review