All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
safe pizza
      #327269 - 03/26/08 03:35 PM
Jazzy79

Reged: 03/25/08

I looooove pizza. Are there any safe ways to make pizza or is there a safe frozen version out there?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: safe pizza new
      #327281 - 03/26/08 04:50 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I eat pizza all the time. As the posters on the Diet Board said, you can try Amy's Pizza - they make some that either have no cheese or have soy/rice based cheeses. You'll need to check the fat levels - a couple of them seem to get about 50% of their calories from fat which is awfully high but two of them - Roasted Vegetable Pizza and Soy Cheese Pizza - get about 30% of their calories from fat. That's a little high but eat one of those pizzas with a low or non-fat SF like French bread and you should be okay especially if you watch your fat content for the rest of the day - and don't eat it for breakfast!

Trader Joe makes a Roasted Vegetable Pizza gets about 28% of its calories from fat. Again a touch high but add a nice SF with it and you should do fine.

I have to admit I've never tried a frozen IBS-safe pizza - I pretty much make my own.

There are a number of recipes for pizza in Heather's Eating for IBS Cookbook: Pizza with Seafood and Dill; Pizza with Fresh Basil, Grilled Chicken, Roasted Garlic, and Sundried Tomatoes; Pizza with Shredded Chicken, Scallions, and Smokey Sweet Barbecue Sauce; and Pizza with Wild Mushrooms and Rosemary. I've only tried the last two and they're both good. The Mushroom one is perfect for touchy tummy days - I just make it with button mushrooms and a tiny bit of oil. The Chicken Barbecue one is fabulous and the recipe is on the Website here . None of Heather's recipe use cheese at all.

I posted a recipe for Sausage Pizza here. It's awfully good with or without soy/rice cheese if I do say so myself. You can also make pizza with turkey pepperoni. Just be mindful of the fat content especially if you add soy/rice cheese.

BTW I never make my own pizza crust. I use Pillsbury's Pizza dough. It comes in a tube; you'll find it near the refrigerator crescent rolls and chocolate chip cookie dough (sigh).

There's also a post on safe pizza here. Other posters have disagreed about Pizza Hut pizza being safe but I've never had any trouble with one of their Personal Pan Pizzas as long as I order it without cheese and stick to veggies and/or chicken as a topping.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#327290 - 03/26/08 06:56 PM

Unregistered

That's the Trader Joe's pizza I was talking about in my other post. It's delicious! I have my SFS before I eat it, and I'm absolutely fine. I eat half the pizza at a time. It is seriously delicious.

#327310 - 03/27/08 09:31 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

That's the Trader Joe's pizza I was talking about in my other post. It's delicious! I have my SFS before I eat it, and I'm absolutely fine. I eat half the pizza at a time. It is seriously delicious.

Yup, seeing your post made me go looking for it on the Internet. I've never tried it - there's no Trader Joe really close - but the next time I make it to a TJ I want to give it a whirl. So thanks for the tip.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 308 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4455

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review