All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Breakfast rush...any ideas???
      #327131 - 03/24/08 07:22 PM
tayjay

Reged: 11/28/05
Loc: Auburn University, Alabama

Breakfast is always the most difficult meal for me, not only b/c my stomach is so sensitive, but mornings are always a rush to get out the door. With my job, I don't get to eat lunch until 2:00, so I need a substantial breakfast, but it needs to be easy and quick to make. I've gotten bored with toast, english muffins, cereal, etc. It doesn't seem to last long at all. By the time I get to work, I'm hungry again. Does anyone have any breakfast recipes that I could make the night before, refrigerate, and cook easily in the morning?

--------------------
Taylor
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Breakfast rush...any ideas??? new
      #327134 - 03/24/08 09:45 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

How about rice pudding? Or any of the breads/muffins in the recipe index? And couldn't you bring snacks to eat during the morning? I'd be sick if I couldn't eat anything between breakfast and 2:00 pm!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#327139 - 03/25/08 05:43 AM
MelanieR

Reged: 02/15/07
Loc: Florida

If you have a crockpot you could make oatmeal before you go to bed and have it warm and ready in the morning. Then you could add all the wonderful things you love to it. (or rice pudding) Like.......

canned peaches/pears/mixed fruit/applesauce/mandarin oranges
dried fruit apples/blueberries/cranberries
fresh friut blueberries/raspberries/strawberries/bananas pears/peaches/oranges
granola
sweet spices W/brown sugar
jelly/jam
soy yogurt

Some other ideas...
bread pudding
biscuts w/honey, jelly, pb
scrambled eggs beaters
I like to make french toast/waffles from scratch and freeze them and then just heat them in my toaster.
soy yogurt
egg sandwiches- scrambled egg beaters inbetween toasted french bread with soy margarine on them.
quick breads/coffee cakes
cream of wheat/rice/oatmeal with any of the items added from above.
Baked french toast-put it together, soak the bread overnight then bake it in the morning.

--------------------
Crohns, lactose intolerant

#327143 - 03/25/08 07:05 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Try Heather's Brown Sugar Banana Bread as your SF and see if you can tolerate a hard-boiled egg white so you get some protein down - that will help ward off the hungries.

Also you can try a smoothie. If you make it with bananas and peaches and skip anything like berries it will be largely SF. Throw some dried egg whites in for protein.

And there's always some type of oven French toast. Heather has a recipe or two in her Eating For IBS cookbook - just skip the fruits and/or nuts if your tummy is touchy in the morning.

And I agree - see if you can sneak in a snack between breakfast and 2pm.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#327153 - 03/25/08 10:05 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

try the Cinnamon Rolls the ones that you bake in the bread machine then you can have them all week and even have one as a snack. There pretty big so they may keep you full for a while.You can warm them up in the mircowave and eat it on the way to work with some tea or hot cocoa. Hope this helps!
emamsmom
ibs-c
gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 114 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3859

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review