All Boards >> IBS Recipes

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Rice Cooker
      #324931 - 02/18/08 08:25 AM
bbrussie

Reged: 01/18/08
Loc: Des Moines

Can anyone recommend a good rice cooker? We need a small one, preferably that will also steam veggies on top and is easy to clean (removable pot). I've seen a Rival brand at Target for cheap. Some online are huge and expensive and don't say if the cooking liner is removable for cleaning. Any ideas?

--------------------
Diagnosed February 2008, IBS-D. Trying to get through the day.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Rice Cooker new
      #324967 - 02/18/08 03:03 PM
MelanieR

Reged: 02/15/07
Loc: Florida

I have a salton. It is small and works just fine. It is not fancy. There is a removeable metal pan for cooking rice. It also comes with a small metal liner for steaming veggies and a rice measuring cup. You can not steam veggies and cook rice at the same time. It has one setting; on. You push down the button and the red light goes on and when it is done the button pops up and the light goes off. We have never had any problems with it. The lid is dishwasher safe.

I think we got it at Bed Bath & Beyond. I have also seen it at target. It was not expensive; around 20$.

--------------------
Crohns, lactose intolerant

#324980 - 02/18/08 05:26 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I bought a cheap one from Target called Aroma. It had Martin Yan's picture on it so I assumed it would be good. It doesn't go in the dishwasher but it is very easy to clean! It is way nicer than my old one. It calls for less water and cooks the rice less so it isn't as mushy. My old one had a nonstick surface that always stuck and pretty soon it was all scratched up. I like the new one. It did come with a veggie steamer but I haven't used it much.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#325410 - 02/24/08 11:15 AM
jbgator

Reged: 08/05/07
Loc: port charlotte, florida

I have that same little Salton rice cooker. Just made some as a matter of fact. Ordered from Amazon. I usually just make 2 cups at a time as I live alone. Love it and very easy to clean.

--------------------
jbgator, IBS-d,+post gall bladder syndrome

#325752 - 02/28/08 03:14 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

A low priced Black and Decker ... 20+ years old and still steaming.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#325830 - 02/29/08 12:06 PM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

Hi,
I have an elite rice cooker, makes up to six cups of rice. I never make that much though, has a steamer you can place on top for veggies, has been used three or four times a week now for three years, cost fifteen dollars, and was found at walgreens!

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 157 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4244

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review