All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Mexican tomato chicken vegetable soup
      #323570 - 01/30/08 04:23 PM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

I had a taste of something like this on vacation and had to make this IBS safe at home. Enjoy!!

Saute a small amount of olive oil and onion first and then add veggies(mushrooms,green beans, zuchinni (peeled and only 2small stalks (ISF) and baby carrots.I think corn would be yummy but I cant tolerate it. Throw all veggies in crockpot (preheat on high) add 2 cups of FAT FREE Vegetable broth (i used health valley)and 2 cups of water. Season 2lbs chicken breast with salt pepper and mild taco seasoning. Add 1 big can of Muir Organics fire roasted crushed tomatoes and 1 can of Muir chopped tomatoes. Add salt and pepper and taco seasoning to taste. cook on high 3 hours till chicken is cooked. Remove chicken and pull apart and put back in soup and stir throughly. Take 1/2 cup of hot broth and add flour to seperate bowl mix till creamy and add into soup and stir again. Turn off crock pot and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with small cut up french or sourdough bread.

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I forgot to add.. new
      #323625 - 01/31/08 09:56 AM
auntdebs318

Sorry I forgot to add I cut up 4 or 5 peeled yukon potato's for safe SF. I had it again for lunch today at work since it didnt bother me at all last night with a few toasted french basquettes with smart butter light.. So yummy
When people came in to the lunch room asked what smelled so good.

--------------------

Re: Mexican tomato chicken vegetable soup new
      #323629 - 01/31/08 10:21 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Sounds really good!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#323652 - 01/31/08 01:46 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

You canot belive how good this sounds! I can't have pasta sauce or bbq but can have ketchup and frsh tomatoes. I do not know if the tomatoes or veggie broth would bother me.... Any thoughts?
thanks
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

Edited by emmasmom (01/31/08 01:47 PM)

#323671 - 01/31/08 04:10 PM
auntdebs318

Hello emma,

as long as you are okay with fresh tomatoes then this should be fine.But make sure to use Muir or any other organic crushed and diced tomatoes. I think since its all natural and its easier to digest. Plus I was SO suprised my Gerd didnt kick up. Gotta love pepcid..:) Also, make sure to ONLY use FAT FREE Vegetable stock.I use health valley I find it at local market in the organic section.

I couldnt believe how easy and tasty this came out since I have been everything so bland lately. Well I hope it agrees with you too..let me know?

--------------------

taco seasoning new
      #324032 - 02/05/08 11:39 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Thought I might get brave and try this what kind of taco seasoning do you use? They one i have found have to much spice or have milk or msg.... thanks
emmasmom
ibs-c

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 892 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3880

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review