All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pizza base any ideas?
      #320708 - 12/14/07 02:35 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

So I am really wanting pizza and since I can't have a pizza sauce or a tomatoes sauce is there anything else out there that I could use as a base? Thanks I am missing pizza so bad
emmasmom
ibs-c

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pizza base any ideas? new
      #320709 - 12/14/07 02:44 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

If you like the soy cream cheese (I haven't tried it yet, personally) you could use that mixed with a little fat-free mayonaise, minced garlic, and italian seasoning. Top with whatever veggies you can tolerate (sliced carrot, zucchini, maybe some brocolli, a little diced onion), and eat cold! It's good - I used to make this often before I started EFI.

You could even put some shrimp or shredded chicken breast on it!

Mmmm... now *I* want pizza!!!

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#320714 - 12/14/07 05:12 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

How about fat free BBQ sauce topped with chunks of chicken breast?

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#320722 - 12/14/07 06:06 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I make this one hoisin pizza
Another way to make pizza is like this:
some pizza dough from can
seasoned chicken sausage- I use basil tomato one but I can't remember the brand right now. It is at regular grocery stores and Target and is all natural but in the meat dept. It is fully cooked just slice
sliced mushrooms
shredded soy mozzarella
any other veggies
I cut the dough into 4 pieces and make calzones by putting the filling inside and folding the dough over. I usually dunk it in pizza sauce but you wouldn't have to. This is the only way I think soy cheese makes a worthwhile pizza. You have to have the really flavorful chicken sausage or it doesn't work.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Roma Tomatoes or tomato paste? new
      #320735 - 12/15/07 07:03 AM
emmasmom

Thanks for all your post I can't due bbq its a triger and not very many spices or soy cheese. I can eat fresh tomatoes I can eat ketchup witch has tomatoe paste in it. Is there anything I can do with roma tomatoes? and do you think that the paste would be the same trigger or not? I search the internet and can you belive no piza sauces!!! ANY HELP I WOULD APPERICATE. I just miss pizza so bad! Something that simple!
thanks
emmasmom
ibs-c

Tomato-Free Pizza Base new
      #320753 - 12/15/07 09:15 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I found this recipe at Vegsource.com

Quote:

Blend well-cooked carrots with a small amount of cooked beets (drained; canned are easiest) and a little bit of olive oil. Use just enough beets to create a tomato-red color with the carrots (if you use too many beets the sauce will be purple or a shocking, magenta shade of red). Blend until completely smooth. Add a tiny amount of water or vegetable broth, only if necessary to facilitate processing (you want to keep the sauce thick, so the less liquid added the better). Again, this is good as is, but you can add seasonings to taste, if you like.

Re: Roma Tomatoes or tomato paste? new
      #320754 - 12/15/07 09:35 AM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

I actually had this last night--take a plain, store-bought pizza crust, spread pesto (if you can eat it) over it, top w/a little frozen spinach (thawed) & some roma tomato slices & soy mozzarella cheese. It was soooo good! And no tomato sauce!

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

whats pesto? nt- new
      #320777 - 12/15/07 12:05 PM
emmasmom

Re: pesto new
      #320781 - 12/15/07 01:21 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Pesto is a blend of fresh basil, garlic, and usually parmesan cheese, though I've heard it can be made without the cheese. I can't handle pesto because of the basil. Gives me D every time.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Re: pesto new
      #320788 - 12/15/07 03:36 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I make homemade pesto and freeze it. I mix basil, garlic, walnuts, some olive oil and some broth in a food processor along with salt and pepper. It is higher in fat but you don't eat it alone- on pizza or pasta or something it works great. The problem is you need a lot of basil so you either have to grow it or buy it at the farmers' market.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 268 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5877

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review