All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Another quick and easy dinner
      #320084 - 12/05/07 06:18 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Another quicky I concocked last night because we had holiday shopping to do. And its freezing cold here in philly brr so I wanted a hot meal.So this is a quick version of Turkey sheppards pie.
First boil water with salt for potato's
Fry up some ground turkey breast with pam
seperate pan: fry up mushrooms or any other veggies. I think peas and carrots would be yummy too. But I didnt have any..
Wash and cook potato's. Personally I peel them afterwards easier skin falls off. Mash potatoes with mixer until smooth add 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk and 1/2 cup of FF chicken broth and some smart balance light or whipped earth balance butter. Salt an pepper to taste

Gravy: I bought a dry (vegan) Shitake mushroom gravy at whole foods cooked with water. And I made another lipton soup mushroom onion mix with water and flour. Just in case. Well, thank goodness because I wasnt a big fan of the vegan one. So I just put alittle gravy..

So to some in up put the mashed potato's on the plate and pour over turkey and veggies and then the gravy. Hubby actually loved it. And I also through frozen Alexia French bread rolls to warm up. Great for dipping in the gravy...yumm

I hope this helps someone in a pinch

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Another quick and easy dinner new
      #320198 - 12/06/07 01:26 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

going to try this soon! thanks keep them coming. Any quick desserts?? or snacks always in the mood for something new know what i mean.
emmasmom

#320224 - 12/07/07 06:32 AM
auntdebs318

Yup I do I do.. Okay I will keep you mind Your gonna laugh but most ideas I come up with our on my way home from work. Some how it takes the road rage commute of my mind. I saw your comment about gravy. If you dont have the vegan packet gravy just use a small amount of the lipton mushroom onion soup mix. I was fine but I only had made a TBS to it wasnt dry ya know. Of course my hubby made up for me and used half of it..LOL

P.S. My new favoriet snack is Lara bars.. apple pie is so yummy. There all natural fruit and nuts.

--------------------

#320226 - 12/07/07 06:45 AM
emmasmom

never heard of them but they sound good I 'll keep a look out I live in a very small town so things are hard to fine! Thanks though. Keep the recipes coming and god bless. Merry christmas.
ps. if you haven't tried the nutritional yeast flakes to make the cheese sauce do so cause its excellent on fries for "cheese fries"!
emmasmom
ibs-c

#320236 - 12/07/07 10:54 AM
auntdebs318

No I havent but that sounds yummy. Were did you find that?

--------------------

#320245 - 12/07/07 01:28 PM
emmasmom

I found them at a health food store there yellow and they look like mashed pot flakes I just bought them like in bulk but i have heard you can by them in a cansiter and i have the recipe to make the cheese sauce for it. It makes good grilled cheese i can pass that along as well. just let me know. I'm in the mood for choclate!

#320269 - 12/08/07 05:23 AM
MelanieR

Reged: 02/15/07
Loc: Florida

There is a cookbook called the Uncheese Cookbook that uses nutritnal yeast to make all kinds of cheese replacements. I haven't had a chance to try them yet but they look really good.

--------------------
Crohns, lactose intolerant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 59 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4369

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review