All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need help please ...... Baking chicken
      #318636 - 11/14/07 02:06 PM
karl

Reged: 11/15/06
Loc: USA

I have 3 large boneless chicken breasts (about 1.5 lbs) and I simply want to season them with some dry spices and bake them in the oven. Can anyone tell me what to try for a cooking time and temperature? Should I cover with foil and what type of pan should I use? Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need help please ...... Baking chicken new
      #318648 - 11/14/07 04:18 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

I would set the temp to 400 degrees and bake them for about 1.5 hour (depending on how old your oven is and how crispy you want the skin to be--I eat the skins without a problem but that's me). You shouldn't have to cover with foil if you're using dry spices and I would use one of those aluminum foil pans that are normally used to bake lasagna in. HTH

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#318711 - 11/15/07 08:51 AM
MelanieR

Reged: 02/15/07
Loc: Florida

400 for 1 1/2 hr sounds way way too hot and long.

I could be wrong but I would try 350 for 25-30 minutes. If your chicken starts to brown but not done in the middle you should cover it with foil. That will keep it from getting too brown. When juices run clear they are done. You could put them on a baking sheet (spray with cooking oil) or in small baking dish.

--------------------
Crohns, lactose intolerant

#318754 - 11/15/07 12:39 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Quote:

400 for 1 1/2 hr sounds way way too hot and long.

I thought so too but I have a super old oven and when I first baked chicken at 350 for about 45 minutes, it was still yuckishly raw! I baked a whole chicken cut up in 8ths.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#318783 - 11/15/07 07:55 PM
jbgator

Reged: 08/05/07
Loc: port charlotte, florida

I use Adobo spice, cook for about 30 to 45 min depending on size at 350 deg. You can find Adobo in the mexican aisle at walmart. The house will smell wonderful while baking. I live alone so often do just one in my toaster oven.

--------------------
jbgator, IBS-d,+post gall bladder syndrome

#318796 - 11/15/07 08:55 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

chicken is way better if you saute it first and then finish in the oven. You can put some garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, rosemary. Make sure to season well. Then use a saute pan that can go in the oven. Add cooking spray and a teaspoon of oil. Saute on high heat until nice and golden on each side then put in 400 oven for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
Here is a recipe for a similar technique but it uses too much oil:
Put oven racks in middle and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 450°F.
Toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a 15- by 10-inch shallow baking pan. Roast on bottom rack, shaking pan once or twice, until just tender, about 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, pat chicken dry and sprinkle all over with 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy ovenproof skillet (not nonstick) over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then brown chicken, turning over once, until golden, about 6 minutes total. Transfer skillet to middle of oven and roast until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 328 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3484

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review