All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
vegetarian dumplings?
      #318043 - 11/06/07 06:40 AM
bermudakate

Reged: 11/06/07

does anyone have a good recipe? and another question...are Quorn cutlets IBS safe?
thank you, i'm new around here:)

kate

--------------------
stable IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: vegetarian dumplings? new
      #318048 - 11/06/07 07:35 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

My fruit/grocer dudes carry perioges filled with just potato or a combo of potato/cheddar cheese (my fav!), potato/spinach, potato/garlic, potato/onion, etc. I usually throw 'em in a pot of boiling water for about 3 minutes or so or I'll pan sautee them with a spray of canola oil and a bit of soy butter. Then I dip 'em in Kikkoman sauce to imitate the dumplings that I used to get from Chinese restaurants that I miss soooo much.

Just an idea!

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#318111 - 11/06/07 06:55 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Do you mean Chinese steamed dumplings?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#318130 - 11/07/07 06:27 AM
bermudakate

Reged: 11/06/07

yes! i actually have a recipe for sweet potato potstickers too that looks really good. the first step is to steam them...wonder if i could just do it all in the steamer?

--------------------
stable IBS-A

#318144 - 11/07/07 09:19 AM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

will you post the sweet potato potsticker recipe?

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

#318183 - 11/07/07 05:35 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I found this recipe. I just made steamed dumplings this weekend but used ground turkey. I think mincing mushrooms and adding ginger, garlic, soy sauce etc would be fine. A nice sauce would make it very tasty. I made a citrus-soy sauce for mine with soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, ginger, orange and lime juice.
Steamed Vegetarian Dumplings

Dumplings have a prominent place in Chinese cuisine and are prepared in many different ways for holidays and festivals. They vary by region, and the ingredients depend on area availability.

1/2 pound firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch slices
1/2 cup dried wood ear mushrooms (about 1/2 ounce)
1/2 cup drained, sliced water chestnuts
3/4 cup shredded carrot
1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
1 tablespoon minced green onions
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
4 teaspoons cornstarch
50 won ton wrappers or gyoza skins
Cooking spray
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup water

Place the tofu on several layers of paper towels, and cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 30 minutes, pressing down occasionally. Place tofu in a large bowl, and mash with a fork until smooth. Set tofu aside.
Combine boiling water and mushrooms in a bowl; cover and let stand 20 minutes or until soft. Drain. Place the mushrooms and water chestnuts in a food processor; pulse 5 times or until minced. Add mushroom mixture, carrot, and the next 7 ingredients (carrot through 4 teaspoons cornstarch) to tofu; stir well.

Working with 1 won ton wrapper at a time (cover remaining wrappers to keep them from drying), spoon 1 teaspoon tofu mixture into center of each wrapper. Moisten edges of wrapper with water; bring 2 opposite corners to center, pinching points to seal. Bring remaining 2 corners to center, pinching edges together to seal. Place dumplings, seam sides up, on a large baking sheet sprinkled with 1 teaspoon cornstarch (cover loosely with a towel to keep them from drying).

Arrange one-third of the dumplings in a single layer in a vegetable steamer coated with cooking spray. Steam dumplings, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove the dumplings from steamer; set aside, and keep warm. Repeat the procedure with the remaining dumplings.

Combine 1/2 cup soy sauce and 1/4 cup water in a small bowl. Serve with dumplings.

Yield: 50 appetizers (serving size: 1 dumpling and about 3/4 teaspoon sauce)

CALORIES 35 (15% from fat); FAT 0.6g (sat 0.1g,mono 0.1g,poly 0.2g); PROTEIN 1.5g; CHOLESTEROL 5mg; CALCIUM 10mg; SODIUM 179mg; FIBER 0.2g; IRON 0.6mg; CARBOHYDRATE 5.8g

Cooking Light, JANUARY 2001

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 126 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4428

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review