Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS version Philly cheese steak
      #317759 - 11/01/07 07:54 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Hey guys,

I hope everyone had a fun Halloween. Usually we order pizza and chesse steaks for dinner the night of Halloween. Easy right. Well this year I was having a IBS safe cheesesteak and NOT up all night with cramps. So here's my version and I felt fine. Even went to neighbors for several of hours. Never could have did that before.

First I sprayed a non stick pan with Pam organic canola oil and fried up some portobello mushroom and then added ground chicken breast (perdue) add a pinch of salt and pepper. Then I warmed up french bread slices like a hoagie roll and melted veggie cheese for me and regular for my hubby. Served it with baked thin sliced potato's. WHALA..LOL

We loved it and said this would be a keeper recipe in our house for fast and easy dinners. Of course you can add more veggies and fry up onions if you would like. Its not Pat's greasy south philly steak but it will do when you have a craving.. I am sure kids would like it too.

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS version Philly cheese steak new
      #317762 - 11/01/07 09:23 AM

Unregistered

Sounds DElicious and I'm going to try it this weekend! Thank you for sharing!!!!!

Re: IBS version Philly cheese steak new
      #317833 - 11/02/07 12:45 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

thanks for sharing boy do I miss phillys!!
Emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

Re:A question for you!! new
      #318042 - 11/06/07 06:34 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi i was just wondering if you had any other quick dish you could pass along!! I AM ALWAYS looking for something new!! thanks
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas gas lactose interolant

Re:A question for you!! new
      #318074 - 11/06/07 12:46 PM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

Another quick dinner that I made last night.. was taco's So I either fry up with pam canola oil ground turkey breast or chicken and add some mild taco seasoning with water simmer and bring to boil.add green peppers if you like them? heat corn hard taco shells or soft flour tortilla. Serve with shreeded cheese, sour cream and salsa. I forget the name but I use a veggie cheese cheddar flavor. But they do make a jalopena. Also, I heat up some baked tostita to snack before dinner is ready.

And for a yummy dessert.. While I am frying up the meat I slice a pear in half and poach with water and brown sugar and cinnamin and cook at 350 for approx 20 min till soft. remove the skin and mash up pears in a soft toritilla for dessert. I had actually added a vanilla soy ice cream scoop too. Then its like the pretend fried ice cream at a mexican restaurant

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 290 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5190

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review