All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need some sweets
      #316519 - 10/12/07 09:01 AM
haleym

Reged: 10/07/07

Does anyone know anything I can eat that is sweet but its not so high in carbs and sugar. All the recipes sound fantastic but I dont want all that sugar and carbs.... I used to eat sugar free fudgesicles, low sugar frozen yogurt, or some sugar free jello with some cool whip and now that i started this ( 7 days ago) I cant have any of that and Im dying for some sweets that are not going to be too bad for you.....any ideas????

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need some sweets new
      #316543 - 10/12/07 11:41 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hi, Haleym. I notice you worry a lot about eating carbs and sugar and that it's been difficult for you to get used to eating for IBS. I recommend you check out the link to Heather's "All about Atkins, High Carb vs. Low Carb Diets, etc."

web page

Hope this helps.

#316556 - 10/12/07 12:44 PM
haleym

Reged: 10/07/07

right I did read those and I have slowly started added them in but doesnt matter if you have IBS or not if you go from NO to low carbs for years and then all of a sudden start eating a ton your going to bloat up and retain some of that. B/c my body hasnt seen flour in a VERY long time I have to ease it back in and work out extra hard till it knows what to do with it....

#318797 - 11/15/07 09:01 PM
jbgator

Reged: 08/05/07
Loc: port charlotte, florida

Try recipe archive..theres a recipe for banana snack bread with chocolate chips. Helps me wth that craving.

--------------------
jbgator, IBS-d,+post gall bladder syndrome

#318837 - 11/16/07 10:25 AM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

how bout tortilla triangles with cinnamon and sugar? or the caramel apple crunch in the recipie list, or just take and apple slice it up and bake it with a little cinnamon, I also take a bannana slice it, add pumpkin pie spice and nuke it. hope one of these works. My mom had the same problem when she started the ibs diet, years of no carbs so it was hard to reprogram, her brain and her tummy, good luck

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 87 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3478

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review