All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Elusive Soy Subsitutes?
      #314004 - 08/27/07 11:57 AM
Cast_Away

Reged: 08/15/07
Loc: Orlando, Florida

I'm having trouble finding some of the soy cream cheese, chip dips, butter.... I've tried Chamberlin's, Whole Foods and Fresh Market and my neighborhood Publix and Wal-mart. Can I get a tutti something, please! Please!

--------------------
IBS-D, with Coloitis from surgery

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Elusive Soy Subsitutes? new
      #314015 - 08/27/07 03:16 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Try a health food store - they may carry some of these or know who does. Also if you haven't already, talk to customer service at Whole Foods. I've become less and less happy with Whole Foods stock of soy alternatives to dairy products but the ones usually have soy cream cheese, soy sour cream, and some of the soy butter/margarine substitutes. So check with Customer Service and see if they would start carrying some of these for you.

I have to admit I've never seen a soy chip dip in a store so if you find some, please post what and where you found it.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#314063 - 08/28/07 06:52 AM
MelanieR

Reged: 02/15/07
Loc: Florida

My mother shops at Kings in CO. She always askes the customer service to carry stuff for her. They ship it to the store and call her when it is ready for her to pick up. I'm sure they would do this for you. We have a publix up the street from us and I've been able to buy soy cream cheese there so I know they will carry it.

--------------------
Crohns, lactose intolerant

Soy chip dip new
      #314113 - 08/28/07 06:20 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Sand- I haven't found a soy chip dip in the stores but I make my own using the Toffuti sour cream and Lipton Onion Soup mix. Of course you can't eat a ton of it since it still contains a high fat content but it sure takes care of my craving to have a tablespoon of it with my Baked Lays. I am not sure if you could tolerate the soup mix but I don't seem to have any problems with it! Just thought I'd share!

#314191 - 08/29/07 10:57 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

If you have a kroger near by try them They have good deals on the tutti stuff sometimes like buy one get one free! Hope this works
emmasmom
ibs-c

Re: Soy chip dip new
      #314217 - 08/29/07 03:41 PM
Sand

Thanks, Angela. I do miss that dip.

Lipton French Onion Soup Mix contains hydrolized soy protein which is apparently a form of or variant of or kissing cousin to MSG so it makes me nervous. (That's why I did my recent post on possible sources for non-MSG onion soup mix.) However, I've got this box of soup mix that's been sitting around and a long weekend coming up so maybe I'll give it a try. Hmmm. I wonder if I have any soy sour cream.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#314333 - 08/30/07 06:44 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I found soy: cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and yogurt in Trader Joes. Good luck.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

#314430 - 09/01/07 11:43 AM
Cast_Away

I hit the mother load! I asked the manager about it on a special seperate trip to Publix. He took me on a tour. They apparently don't just keep all this stuff in one place. I found (and bought!)
Soy cream cheese
Soy Sour Cream
Soy Yogurt- strawberry flavored
Soy pudding- Double chocolate flavor
Soy mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwhiches
Soy chocolate ice cream
and tofu cheeses in several flavors!

It was an expensive outing- but well worth it I think. So far everything tastes good. I accidentally bought the garlic flavored cream cheese- so I'll have to be more careful next time and find the plain one.

Kroger's is only up north- I think Publix is only down south... Yee-Haw! maybe they comparable though.

LJ

--------------------

Cool. I'm so glad you found all this. -nt- new
      #314431 - 09/01/07 11:54 AM
Sand

--------------------

Re: Soy Subsitutes Fatty? new
      #314434 - 09/01/07 12:54 PM
Cast_Away

Will eating all this soy stuff make me a fat soy ball? I want to mix it with my baked chips, bagels, and ceral?

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 210 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5883

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review