All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Smoothies
      #313193 - 08/14/07 09:56 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I've tried making smoothies many times in the past and never like the taste. I've tried again and it's OK but still not something I'm looking forward to. Just wondering if anyone has smoothie recipes they've tried and really liked?

My complaint is mainly that all I taste is banana. I put 1/2 banana, 6 large strawberries, vanilla almond milk, and a bit of apple juice. All I can taste is the banana! So the next time I made it without banana and it just tasted like vanilla milk.

I really like strawberry, blueberry, chocolate, so anything with those as the main flavour would be best.

Thanks,

--------------------
Kat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Smoothies new
      #313220 - 08/14/07 03:53 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

This is how I make my smoothies:
web page

and to me they don't taste really banana-y. I've also made this substituting frozen mixed berries or even frozen pitted cherries for the blueberries and it's good that way, too. To me the banana flavor and the peach flavor seem much more background flavors than the berry or cherry flavors.

You got me wondering how a chocolate smoothie would work so I poked around and found these:

Bev's Chocolate Banana Frostie - might be a little thick but you could always up the amount of milk

Jen's Mocha Frappucino - not really a smoothie but it looks yummy and I bet you could toss a banana in there if you wanted.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#313269 - 08/15/07 08:31 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I almost always use a banana as the base. I like it for the thickening properties to make it more like a shake in addition to the flavor.

Mango will also work to thicken things up, but I always add a squirt of honey when I use mango. Otherwise, the flavor seems somehow flat to me.

Besides the mango or banana base a combination of, peaches, strawberries, or a few blueberries are also pretty good.

#313332 - 08/16/07 01:48 AM
Natalia82

Reged: 03/22/07
Loc: Holland

Maybe just add more strawberries? Or add strawberry juice instead of applejuice?

Re: Thanks for the ideas.. new
      #313394 - 08/16/07 04:56 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I tried a chocolate smoothie and it was enough to mask the taste of banana (I'm a chocoholic). I guess I avoided chocolate smoothies because I thought they would have tons of sugar, but I actually put less sugar than my regular smoothie since the cocoa cut the banana taste better.

Once I perfect it maybe I'll post a recipe
Thanks

--------------------
Kat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 931 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2711

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review