All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
To Hot To Cook
      #312336 - 07/31/07 02:40 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi everyone its very hot here temps in the 90's and index in the 100 my husband works outside all day and doesn't feel like a big meal when he gets home and I really don't want to cook in the heat or heat up the kitchen any ideas for something easy and refreshing? thanks!
emmasmmom
ibs-c
gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Too Hot To Cook new
      #312338 - 07/31/07 03:25 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Salads, green or chicken-ish ones or green with meat on it or taco salad, etc, panzanella, turkey bacon BLT, cold noodle salads (I have one I love with a peanut sauce), ceviche or sushi, cold sandwiches such as crescent rolls with turkey, greens and a sauce made from soy cream cheese, mango chutney, pecans and craisins. My husband loves that one. Make the low fat crescent rolls into 4 instead of 8.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#312396 - 08/01/07 01:32 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Thanks for the tips! I am having prolbems finding cold pasta salds! Or chicken salds I would love anything with noodles. I can't so lettuec salds cause of lettuce any other type of lettuce i could use I sure could go for a grilled chicekn salad YUM! Taco salad an't the same without lettuce and what could I use for a soulble there? thanks for your help!
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

#312410 - 08/01/07 04:38 PM
Little Minnie

I serve Mexican rice with my taco salad. If you have too much trouble with IF from lettuce it makes it harder. Have you tried different kinds of lettuce?

Here is my favorite salad. It is better with romaine or napa cabbage, but both is not necessary.
*Thai Noodle Salad with Vegetables and Spicy Peanut Dressing*

1/2# udon noodles or spaghetti
6c. thinly sliced romaine lettuce
4c. thinly sliced cabbage (any kind)
2c. shredded carrot
1 colored bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 package bean sprouts
chopped peanuts for topping

Cook noodles and cool. Mix vegetables and noodles in a large bowl. Add dressing and peanuts to individual servings. Should last undressed for four or five days.

Spicy Peanut Dressing:
1/3c. fresh lime juice
11/2 T. gingerroot
3T. water
3T. soy sauce
3T. creamy peanut butter
11/2 T. honey
2t. chili paste
3 minced garlic cloves
Combine ingredients in a bottle and shake vigorously. I double or triple the dressing recipe to cover the size of salad I make and I use a whole package of noodles and any mixture of vegetables I want. I never measure the vegetables.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: To Hot To Cook new
      #312413 - 08/01/07 05:14 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

You can check out this thread for a few ideas.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: To Hot To Cook new
      #313316 - 08/15/07 06:00 PM
Little Minnie

I thought of something else- the new steamer bags for the microwave. I think there are recipes on the bag to say how long and what to put in. Very healthy!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 323 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4085

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review