All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Should I take Acacia more than once a day?
      #311834 - 07/24/07 09:56 AM
Springtime09

Reged: 07/30/06
Loc: East Coast

I have been on Acacia for a while now and take it once a day at night with oatmeal. This seems to help, but I was wondering if I should be taking it with certain foods that I eat throughout the day. Does taking it once a day keep it working in your body or does it need to be taken more often than this. Is there a general rule of thumb or does it depend on the person taking it?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Should I take Acacia more than once a day? new
      #311907 - 07/24/07 06:52 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I think it's better to spread it out through the day. Part of what SF does is keep your colon full so it won't spasm so making sure you get some SF via your SFS throughout the day will make this more effective.

It also depends, though, on how much you're taking. I currently take 1 teaspoon pre-breakfast, 1 Tablespoon with lunch, and 1 Tablespoon with dinner (it took me a long time to get up to this much). If you're only taking 1 teaspoon, for example, I'd stick with just one dose. And if your mornings are usually a bad time, taking at least some of it at night is an excellent idea.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Should I take Acacia more than once a day? new
      #311931 - 07/25/07 05:57 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

It depends on you. Does the once a day work really well for you or do you feel like you need more? I only take mine at night and I do 1 tablespoon. I am pretty good with that. I just can't remember to take it with me during the day. I don't think there is a requirement. You just have to do what is good for you!

HTH

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 296 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1761

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review